New to MSC - Embarkation Check-In Question

skedman

I am going on my 1st MSC cruise next month out of Lisbon.  My question revolves around the timing of checking in at the port on embarkation day.  My check-in opens at 1pm and it says that my check-in closes one hour later (2pm).  Does this me that I can only check-in between 1 and 2 pm?  The ship doesn't leave port until 6pm and I had planned on looking around town until 3:30 or so and then check-in.

I've never had anyone at the port look at the form that has the designated check-in time. The advice I always give everyone is just "get there when you get there". However, if you're not planning to get there until 3:30pm or 4pm even, I think you're taking a big risk. Not sure what time check-in and boarding actually closes, but it's likely around that time.

Boarding documents now appear to have a window for your check in. They were being strict on this for Covid reasons but that does seem to have been relaxed now. However,  check in will close a minimum of 2 hours before your sailing time. Personally, I wouldn't look to be any later than 3pm.

Thanks for the replies.  I just want to be able to take some time after my plane gets in in the morning to tour Lisbon some without having to cut it short just to check-in and then go back out.  I may be so tired that it won't matter much, but I would like the option.  3:30pm is about as late as I would even consider a check-in.

My plan is to taxi to the port from the airport, drop off my luggage, then pick up a hop-on hop-off bus and kick around as long as I can (or am awake for).