Dawn electrical plugs and SALT

West Windsor girl

The idea between SALT is that it reflects local cuisine. So to even attempt to answer your question you would have to say which cruise you are on.

There are a few videos on Youtube that mention SALT.

About outlets- I did not bring any adapters and had no problem with my all-US plugs.

Both the Dawn and now the Moon have a variety of outlets. European 2 or 3 prong type, 2 universal outlets though it didn't taked my computers US plug but no problem as 4 separate outlets that takes US  plugs plus 4 USB outlets.

Should cover most peoples needs.

Dawn has USB A and USB C outlets (2 of each), Moon just has four USB A, although two are labelled ‘high power’.

You don’t need to worry about that if you bring your power adapter for any electronics, there’s plenty of USA type power outlets. 

• 2 weeks later...

About SALT: there are 2 menus. One is for the entire voyage, localized to the region. For example, a Singapore to Hong Kong voyage would have dishes from Singapore, Vietnam, Hong Kong, and wherever else you might stop. That menu is available for the length of the journey.

The other menu is more hyper-local, and changes daily or every other day. For example, we were in Morocco yesterday, and the entire local menu was Tangier-specific. It was beyond delicious, too. It’s the first time I’ve seen the SALT Kitchen filled to near capacity, as so many of us wanted to try the Moroccan offerings. 

One other note: the SALT Kitchen (dining room) is much larger than I thought it would be, unlike the SALT Bar which is tiny.

Edited by Unibok
So many typos!!!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Unibok said:

About SALT: there are 2 menus. One is for the entire voyage, localized to the region. For example, a Singapore to Hong Kong voyage would have dishes from Singapore, Vietnam, Hong Kong, and wherever else you might stop. That menu is available for the length of the journey.

Guess we'll be on a fish diet on a TA then, yes? 😄

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

Guess we'll be on a fish diet on a TA then, yes? 😄

Good one! Our TA from Barbados to Lisbon menu focused on New - to - Old World fusion. Lots of variations on tomatoes from South America to Africa to Western Europe, plus other staple foods and spices that travelled shore to shore. 

My favorite was the Madeira menu, which included black scabbard fish fresh from the island.

7 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Nice to see you Unibok. Hope you are well.

Aw thanks, Daveywavey70 😊

The Dawn is gorgeous, and I’m on board for 2 legs — 24 days in total. So yes, I’m very well indeed 💜. Wishing the same to you and yours.

On 3/30/2023 at 10:09 AM, West Windsor girl said:

What type of electrical plugs are on Dawn. What is the SALT restaurant like?

side note - if you have a chance to do a cooking class in SALT, do it (take a glass of wine).  It was a great time & learned new tricks.

• Like 1