MSC European onboard times when visiting ports

canuckfamily

Does anyone know the policy for when passengers must be back onboard while in European ports?  I asked MSC Canada but was told that we will need to wait to be onboard to get that information.  I know that they typically have a policy that passengers must be back onboard 30 minutes before in the Caribbean but I read somewhere that in Europe they want an hour. 

By law of the land on most EU cruise terminals the rule is all aboard time 60 minutes before sailing industry wise. MSC ships follow local time at every ports of call, so if you have a time change that will be announced and done at a certain time the night previous to your arrival at said port.

Do keep in mind that MSC tends to change their hours, and they may not match what’s on your original itinerary. 

When we did the Mediterranean, we booked excursions (on our own) and our flights home based on what was on our itinerary. We’d learn the night before arriving at the next port of call that our arrival or departure times (or both) were different than what we had on our paperwork. It was a pain in the butt. More than once we had to rush off the ship to make our excursions, or be back on the ship earlier than expected. 

• Like 1