Crocs and Tevas in the hot tub---GROSS

Coolcruise02

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2023 at 12:02 PM, janmcn said:

Lost me for pools and spas when someone said they watched someone get out of a spa dripping parts of a Depends. Nope! Never again.

HeHe...you sure it wasn't a toddler?  But seriously, I'm thinking of getting "swim clothes", not a traditional bathing suit but sports clothing specifically made for the water.  I'm tired of feeling self conscious when I get into the hot tub shirtless but a t-shirt just doesn't cut it. Some of the new stuff is pretty high tech and stylish.

If you’re worried about germs from shoes in the hot tub, definitely don’t get in.  They are not safe places to be.  My son has had a solid organ transplant.  One of the post tx rules is never get in a hot tub.  

I live in Hilton Head; so sort of a retirement area.  Our neighborhood pool was closed one afternoon for a diaper accident…….it was NOT an infant/child.  

And I think the argument can be made that Crocs or Tevas ARE water shoes.   It might not be what they were intended for  but they fit the bill of protecting your feet.  I don’t have a problem with it.  Not sure how the crocs would stay on and not float but Tevas particularly are suited for water

On 4/3/2023 at 3:43 AM, Greebo said:

Good reasoning why some people wear watershoes. 
But Teva’s or crocs??? Indeed a good question, why?

probably my mouth would be quicker than my brain, and I would say something….😊

Some people with feet issues like arthritis are too crippled to squeeze their feet into a normal water shoe and they need that little bit of support and padding that comes from a shoe vs ground. Goodness if anyone said anything to my disabled family member about his pool flip flops that are necessary for him to wear in the water- yeah. It would not be pretty.

People in there are soaking with remnants of urine, feces, warts, bird poop and heaven knows what else- yet they think something worse is coming in off a croc? I don’t care if it walked the whole ship it ain’t bringing in anything more disgusting than what they’re already swimming in lol.

• Like 2