Massage, better deal to book before boarding or onboard

Hi 

I want to surprise my gf with a Swedish massage. I was wondering if it’s better to book before boarding the should or should I wait for better deals onboard if they are any. I’m diamond, idk if that makes a difference for pieces 

Thanks …

It seems that RCL has adopted dynamic pricing, meaning the price varies based on time and sea/port. I think it comes down to how much you value getting a desired time. Lots of prime times are booked well in advance. If you don't care about time, then you may luck out booking onboard for a port day morning. I'd just keep an eye for any "sales" in the planner. Remember, you can always book, cancel and rebook if the prices go down. 

They can be REALLY expensive on board depending which ship you're on. They were going for $199 for 50 minutes on Harmony last November, which is absolutely ridiculous. I want to say they were $159 on Allure in Dec/Jan. I've had a few massages on ships before (back when they were $79 for 50 minutes, prob non-existent now) and they're good, but as far as relaxation goes they go through an entire sales pitch at the end and it really takes you straight out of that relaxing vibe.

Also, and this is purely personal preference, but if you're on a ship with a Thermal Suite, I'd consider gifting her with that instead. The thermal suite has 3 different steam rooms (2 dry, 1 wet) and a nice place to lounge in between sessions if she wants. I find them very relaxing and a great way to loosen up after my workouts. We paid $109/for a 7-day pass on Harmony and Allure recently. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi 

I want to surprise my gf with a Swedish massage. I was wondering if it’s better to book before boarding the should or should I wait for better deals onboard if they are any. I’m diamond, idk if that makes a difference for pieces 

Thanks …

The best deal is to go to the sail away raffle in the Spa ...in the event you do not win a treatment, they always give everyone who attends a special offer...something like 3 treatments for $125.00...the spa team can be found throughout the ship (outside the buffet is common) and you can get a raffle ticket and discuss with them. Good luck!

• Thanks 1