Cruz Bay Eats / Drinks ??

Funcouple

We plan on taking the ferry from Red Hook to St John (Cruz Bay). Then taxi to Trunk Bay for the day then back to Cruz Bay for the Ferry back. Is there anywhere near the ferry that would be a memorable spot to stop for a drink?

Thanks.

There are little restaurants there in Cruz Bay. My cousin and I ate at one where the food was good as was the service. I don't remember the name of it, but it was a couple of streets up from the dock. Here is a map that shows the town and lists restaurants: http://www.print2webcorp.com/news/VirginIslands-STSJ/thisweek/20060301/p91.asp

Hope this helps.

My favorite lunch spot is Rhumb Lines , and has been for years. I love their grilled tuna sandwich with sweet potato french fries. Hopefully it's on the map, because I can't describe how to get there. You have to go through a shop by the park, but I can't remember the name of the shop. Sorry. However, if you're taking kids, you might have to ask for kiddie food. Chicken fingers, etc, weren't on the menu, but they made it on request.

My favorite places in Cruz Bay are the Beach Bar (literally right at the ferry dock) and Woody's which is just up around the corner

Woody's has amazing seafood with generous portions. the place is small but there are outside tables and a take out window..service is good and fast. Beach bar has very good food also, but definitely ask them to make you a 'bushwhacker'..

There are lots of good places to eat in Cruz Bay and all within walking distance of the ferry dock.

we go to st john once or twice a year for a week. we always get a drink at the beach bar as soon as sd get off the ferry. i also agre with woodys and rhumblines. if you are doing a picnic at the beach- stop by grotto deli at mongooose junction - they have great salads in little containers, sandwiches on homemade bread , hummus, crab salad, broccoli salad, ckn salad, etc. just have the cabbie pull over it is o the way.

Glad to see that others agree with these choices :)

What better recommendation is there? I'll be in St John next week and i'm gonna get my fix of both places...hope there is room at the counter for me at Woody's (my favorite seat)

Enjoy your trip!

• 2 years later...

Archived