Mexican Riviera

mllewis48

We are thinking about a MR this fall out of San Diego and are wondering about good lodging locations near the pier. We plan to stay two nights prior and would like to go to the zoo in addition to other local sights we could take in. Can anyone give us any pointers and comments about this cruise. We are looking at late October or early November.

Thanks

Ohio Mike

There's a Holiday Inn across the street from the pier which many people use (although we weren't impressed). Further down Harbor Drive are an Embassy Suites, Manchester Grand Hyatt & The Marriott Marina - all very nice with easy access to restaurants and shops at Seaport Village and only a few blocks from the pier.

We're staying at the Omni, which I understand is about 1.5 miles from the pier.

good for you jules1. although i have not stayed at the omni, being from san diego, i know that the omni is a nice choice. it is directly across the street from Petco Park (home of the Padres) and in the heart of the Gaslamp District where you will find no shortage of nice restaurants and watering holes.

We have stayed at the Manchester Hyatt, and found them to be wonderful. We enjoyed how close the shopping was, and it was only a quick cab ride to the zoo. I love the Mexican Riveria cruises.

Don't forget about the Hampton Inn across from the pier.(you can walk to the ship) fine for a couple of nights. Comfortable , reasonable and a hot breakfast included. Be sure to get a room on the front, there is a main line railway track at the back!!

A good city tour will pick up at the hotel, we did the full day and it was great.

We were thinking of arriving and departing one day before and one day after the cruise. Since we are driving, does anyone know if any of the hotels allow you to leave you car parked in the hotel parking lot? Also, do they have shuttles to and from the pier? We will be staying at the hotel (of course). Thanks in advance.

Don

DMEYER:

We have stayed at the Best Western Bayside and used their park-n-cruise. It has a shuttle to and from plus a breakfast. Go to their web page for full details.

Best Western Bayside Inn

555 West Ash Street, San Diego, CA 92101

(619)233-7500, 800-341-1818 * fax: (619)239-8060

http://www.baysideinn.com/packages.htm

$159 for one and 7 days parking.

There are many others in San Diego, but I have not used them.

Archived