Status Matching and Loyalty club question

freeon

I just requested a status matching and was given Silver status. Unfortunately I only learned about status matching after I booked our cruise. I see one of the benefit is 5% off cruise. Can I still get this even tough I already booked? I see there is also 5+5%, does this mean 15% total discount?

Untitled.jpg.fe88ea404a8c4a1f996fb8323d1958c8.jpg

You should be able to have the 5% discount applied to your cruise but the 5% is 5% off of the fare, not the total. Taxes and port fees would be the same. 

If you book a 5% + 5% eligible cruise, it is 5% off + 5% off. It isn't 10% off. 

For example, if the regular fare was $1,000 (not including taxes & port fees), the 5% off would be $950. The 5% + 5% off would be $902.50, not $900. 

There are occasions where 5% + 10% or some other combination is available but that isn't combined with the "normal" 5% off. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

52 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

You should be able to have the 5% discount applied to your cruise but the 5% is 5% off of the fare, not the total. Taxes and port fees would be the same. 

If you book a 5% + 5% eligible cruise, it is 5% off + 5% off. It isn't 10% off. 

For example, if the regular fare was $1,000 (not including taxes & port fees), the 5% off would be $950. The 5% + 5% off would be $902.50, not $900. 

There are occasions where 5% + 10% or some other combination is available but that isn't combined with the "normal" 5% off. 

OK I think I get it now. The first line has 5% and that's for any cruise. The second line is only for cruises booked 6 months before departure. So you get the initial 5% from the first line and another 5% for a cruise that is 6 months before departure. 

Is it best to call them now so they adjust it or just wait until final payment is due?

11 minutes ago, freeon said:

Is it best to call them now so they adjust it or just wait .....?

If you ever have to do something with MSC as far as a change to a booking, do it as soon as possible. This gives you time to react to/correct whatever goes wrong. 

Before I call them I have another question. Should I be able to see any onboard credit somewhere on my account?  I took the free drinks wifi and OBC package which gives $100 on board credit but I don't see it on my account. I see the wifi and drink package on my account and my booking confirmation but don't see anything about the OBC. Maybe it just shows up once you board? Should get an additional $50 with my now silver status. 

53 minutes ago, freeon said:

Maybe it just shows up once you board? Should get an additional $50 with my now silver status. 

OBC can sometimes take days or weeks to show up after you book.

Sometimes, it shows on the 1st confirmation pdf.

Sometimes, it just shows up under Cruise Details after you log into your MSC account. 

Sometimes, if they owe you $100 in OBC, you'll see $50 then a few weeks later, the other $50 will show up. 

It's random....

35 minutes ago, Basketball wife said:

Grandkids have been given Silver status… do they each also get $50OBC for a booking made more than nine months in advance?

You didn't mention their ages but....

Onboard credit is issued per member and not per cabin, is applied to the final bill at the end of the cruise, and does not apply to MSC Voyagers Club members under 18 years old. - T&C

I have a question about the Voyagers Club that I wonder if anyone can help me with.

Since about 2010, I have been on at least three MSC cruises, maybe 4.  My dad booked most of them, and I know I had a Voyagers Club membership.  I am now looking to book an MSC cruise myself, but have no idea of my Voyagers Club number-its probably about 10 years since we last cruised with MSC.

Is it worth trying to ask MSC to track down my past cruises for my Voyagers Club membership, or should I just rejoin as if I have never been a member?  Anyone got any experience?