Unique neck pillow

I don't click on unknown links, but I've been using the same type of u-shaped inflatable neck pillow forever on airplanes.  I even dozed with it yesterday coming back from Fontainbleau to Paris.  Wonderful for a quick, refreshing snooze.  You turn it sideways so it supports your chin and just nod off.  You can get them anywhere.  And it doesn't screw up your hair!

Edited by jsn55
thought

I haven't tried it yet (a neck pillow you can stuff with clothes), but I'm thinking about it for an upcoming solo trip where I want to pack light (lots of trains) but also have a mix of climates and work/personal time. Space will be at a premium! I think I understand the concept to be that you can take a pillow on without it counting as a personal item or carry on, which can help with the tight restrictions in European airlines' carry on policies. 

Would love to hear from anyone who has used this!

No - but it looks like it could be incredibly uncomfortable because the clothes would get bunched up. I'm not sure but wonder if discount carriers would permit this as a freebie. 

If you're looking for a neck pillow that will improve sleep, try the TRTL. I use it on overseas flights & even when in an economy seat, I get a good sleep with no cricked neck. You can wear it on your neck when you board,

• Like 2

On the one hand, I like it because it's a space saver.  If you're concerned about things getting "bunched up" and subsequently wrinkled, you could fill it with socks or pajamas.  

On the other hand, almost $50 is a lot of money for something that you're only going to use a few hours during transit.  

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 1:03 PM, irvington said:

I haven't tried it yet (a neck pillow you can stuff with clothes), but I'm thinking about it for an upcoming solo trip where I want to pack light (lots of trains) but also have a mix of climates and work/personal time. Space will be at a premium! I think I understand the concept to be that you can take a pillow on without it counting as a personal item or carry on, which can help with the tight restrictions in European airlines' carry on policies. 

Would love to hear from anyone who has used this!

I can't imagine that this kind of a neck pillow would give any comfort at all.

I haven't tried that neck pillow, but I did try making a dog bed by stuffing old clothes into a dog bed cover.  After the dogs laid on it once, it compacted into a hard surface and wouldn't fluff up without taking everything out, shaking out every item, and putting it all back in.  I would imagine the same thing would happen to this.

For neck pillows, I prefer Bcozzy.  https://www.bcozzy.com/  My head tends to dip forward and it's the only one that keeps my head supported in that way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 11:32 AM, mrgabriel said:

No - but it looks like it could be incredibly uncomfortable because the clothes would get bunched up. I'm not sure but wonder if discount carriers would permit this as a freebie. 

If you're looking for a neck pillow that will improve sleep, try the TRTL. I use it on overseas flights & even when in an economy seat, I get a good sleep with no cricked neck. You can wear it on your neck when you board,

Thanks for your reply

On 4/11/2023 at 9:12 AM, Mum2Mercury said:

On the one hand, I like it because it's a space saver.  If you're concerned about things getting "bunched up" and subsequently wrinkled, you could fill it with socks or pajamas.  

On the other hand, almost $50 is a lot of money for something that you're only going to use a few hours during transit.  

Thanks for your reply

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 herniated cervical discs and learned the hard way if I fall asleep on a plane without supporting my head I can't move when I wake up.  I bought a Caldera Releaf Neck Rest.  It looks like a soft cervical collar that you velcro around your neck.  It helps to make sure that my head doesn't flop around and leave me incapacitated when I wake up.  I was worried where the turtl isn't supportive all the way around my head would flop the other direction from the support and I'd be sol.  

https://calderaintl.com/products/releaf-neck-rest

I've been eyeing these neck pillows, thanks for the recommendation.  My problem is not wanting to let my mouth hang open and drool like the old lady I am.  Sometimes the regular U-shaped ones aren't completely effective, but I like their compact size until you inflate them.  Realized the other day that I can just put a mask on my mouth and nobody will ever know if I'm drooling or not.  

• Haha 1