Current MDR menus

AtSeaWithChris

I’m sorry if this has been posted recently but has the menu been changed recently? I thought I saw that shrimp cocktail is now an extra charge but a menu I saw from February shows it is included. Can someone post a recent 7 day menu or confirm that it is or is not included?

Menus changed last year. We had new menus on Mera this January and LOVED them! Yes, shrimp cocktail available every night. Other entrees we loved (not every night) Prime Rib, Filet Mignon and Lobster Tail (surf and turf), Steak Diane, Rack of Lamb to name a few. Very happy with the new menus.  Below is a link to the menus we had on the Meraviglia.

https://profcruise.com/msc-dinner-menus/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KennyFla said:

Is it me, or do the MDR menus look as good, maybe a little better than the YC menus?

I had to go and look at the YC menus and I would prefer the MDR menus over the YC ones.  Hoping the food in the MDR on the Divina this next January is as excellent as it was on the Meraviglia.  After that we have NCL booked for 3 cruises so will definitely miss these new menus on NCL.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

2 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I had to go and look at the YC menus and I would prefer the MDR menus over the YC ones.  Hoping the food in the MDR on the Divina this next January is as excellent as it was on the Meraviglia.  After that we have NCL booked for 3 cruises so will definitely miss these new menus on NCL.

I think a revamp of the YC menus is in order.

10 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Dh had it 3 times on the Meraviglia which is very unusual. He never orders steak in the MDR. He said it was delicious.

Thats interesting, I was planning to book one night at Butchers Cut on our upcoming 14 night cruise on Seascape but after looking at the MDR menus I don't think I will bother. We would only do the dining package menu which i believe is around $59? You can only have a Filet or a NY strip on that menu, Filet will be available to us twice on the Gala night and NY Strip is available every night, NY strip would be my choice in Butchers Cut so don't really see the point of paying the up charge. 

Unless anyone can advise that the steaks are all that much better in Butchers Cut and worth the $59 each?

4 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

Thats interesting, I was planning to book one night at Butchers Cut on our upcoming 14 night cruise on Seascape but after looking at the MDR menus I don't think I will bother. We would only do the dining package menu which i believe is around $59? You can only have a Filet or a NY strip on that menu, Filet will be available to us twice on the Gala night and NY Strip is available every night, NY strip would be my choice in Butchers Cut so don't really see the point of paying the up charge. 

Unless anyone can advise that the steaks are all that much better in Butchers Cut and worth the $59 each?

The filet mignon is better in the Butchers Cut, don't know about other steaks as only one got steak. I did not get the filet mignon in the MDR, a friend did. I asked for 2 lobster tails instead of a filet and lobster tail.  I was very happy with the lobster.

I had lamb chops which were delicious at BC but the MDR lamb chops were just as good if not better. I did order the seafood platter as an appetizer in Butchers Cut and had to pay extra (I believe $24) and that was delicious.  We were on a b2b so had everything twice. Loved the Prime Rib in the MDR! Nice, thick and cooked perfect!

We were really impressed with the food in the MDR. On the Divina next and don't eat Sushi so will only be doing the Butcher's Cut but doing that due to being Platinum and it is free.