Please help!

SunSandDrinkInHand

:) I would appreciate any help/suggestions/comments for two 22 year-old first-time cruisers (Rhapsody of the Seas on May 21st). Here's what we're planning.......

1. Cozumel: 9 hours; Paradise Beach (including the 2-hour snorkel tour), maybe hit up Carlos N' Charlies and/or Senor Frogs if we have time

2. Key West: We're here for about a full day. Planning on parasailing in late morning / early afternoon; bar crawl down Duval St. in the afternoon/evening

3. Grand Cayman: 9 hours; Going to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville....Any other suggestions?

We'd appreciate any advice!

I'm not so sure there is a Margaritaville in Cayman. On the assumption that you mean Key West, I certainly would not order any food. Take away the sign and no one would ever return again to eat. The grub's BAD, but every cruiser MUST stop in and buy a trinket so they can say they've been there. Check it out but 15 minutes TOP!

There's no mention of it on the Margaritaville website, but I did find this article:

http://www.cobo.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=988&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

We've eaten at the one in Orlando a few times, and it's OK. Not bad, but really nothing special. The margaritas are good, though. Now the one in Ocho Rios is a great place to hang out! Good drinks and great atmosphere.

We didn't bother going to Margaritaville in Key West, choosing instead to visit local non-chain bars & restaurants while there.

Sun and Sand Drink in Hand, check out historic Sloppy Joe's. Try the very popular Hog's Breath. Lots of fun at Irish Kevin's. Good scenery at the Schooner Wharf. History at Captain Tony's and Green Parrot. A clothing optional bar on the roof at Bull and Whistle.

Don't waste time on a bar chain that has the worst key lime pie in the Florida Keys...except that served at Islamorada Fish Company.

:) I would appreciate any help/suggestions/comments for two 22 year-old first-time cruisers (Rhapsody of the Seas on May 21st). Here's what we're planning.......

1. Cozumel: 9 hours; Paradise Beach (including the 2-hour snorkel tour), maybe hit up Carlos N' Charlies and/or Senor Frogs if we have time

2. Key West: We're here for about a full day. Planning on parasailing in late morning / early afternoon; bar crawl down Duval St. in the afternoon/evening

3. Grand Cayman: 9 hours; Going to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville....Any other suggestions?

We'd appreciate any advice!

Wow seems we are just about doing the same thing. We will be on the same ship but 4/2. We are 31.

1. Cozumel. Exact same thing. Doing it on our own because we aren't early risers.

2. Key West. Hemingway House. Duval Street. Sunset Mallory. Stargazing Cruise.

3. GC. We are going to snorkel the shipwrecks that are close to shore. Hang out at Sea Grape. Margaritaville is in the process of being built from what I have read. Should be ready by the time you get there.

Carrie

:)

Unless this is a somewhat "different" sailing, the Rhapsody does not arrive in Key Wesy until about 4pm local time...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's my suggestion:

Cozumel: Rent a Dune Buggy and take the tour to the other side of the island for a day of rockin and rollin in the dune buggies, traditional lunch on the beach, snorkeling and some mayan ruins. They stock the buggies with all the beer, soda and water you can drink. It was an absolute blast!!! Don't miss Charlos and Charlies. It's a riot!

Key West: Definitely do the Duval thing in the afternoon/evening. We had such a great time we missed the Mallory Square sunset Celebration, but caught it when we went back 6 months later. So glad we skipped in the first time.

Grand Cayman: You'll kick yourselves if you miss some snorkeling in Grand Cayman. Take it from someone whos been snorkeling all around the Caribbean for the past 25 years, it's the best snorkeling around. Stingray city is a must see for all first timers. You won't be sorry. You can also go to Hell, and the Turtle Farm, but definitely snorkel and stingrays!!!

Mrsfuzzmo

Archived