MoveUp Question

MAGSMFC

I bid on sold out categories.  I know the move up almost certainly won't happen, but it doesn't cost anything to bid.

And sometimes there are last minute cancellations.  I had to do one last year because my covid test didn't go negative by the time I would have had to leave home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MAGSMFC said:

Does anyone know if Celebrity send MoveUp emails for sailings that look like they are sold out. 

If you receive one would you advise to make a bid or not bother.

Many thanks for any advice.

You can make any bid you want - there is no risk.  If the prices seems reasonable then do it.  Worst case is the bid isn't taken and you keep your existing room.  If the minimum price is worth it to you then of course make a bid.

They will send out MoveUps to everyone for every sailing - even if full.  They may have cancelations and a room opens at the last minute.  

Even if there is only one room they can get multiple MoveUps due to a domino effect.  A lower level suite moves to higher suite, a AQ moves to lower level suite, a concierge class moves to AQ, veranda to CC, window to veranda, inside to window.

They get 6 move ups, and probably 5K - 8K more revenue without adding almost any expenses.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I bid on sold out categories.  I know the move up almost certainly won't happen, but it doesn't cost anything to bid.

And sometimes there are last minute cancellations.  I had to do one last year because my covid test didn't go negative by the time I would have had to leave home.

@MAGSMFC I do the same as @abbydancer.  Our next sailing is showing booked for everything but inside staterooms and I put in a bid for a AquaClass Sky Suite.  No hopes of getting but like she said - "doesn't cost anything to bid."

22 hours ago, JLS07 said:

They will send out MoveUps to everyone for every sailing - even if full.  They may have cancelations and a room opens at the last minute.

Are moveup offers sent to different categories, we are booked in prime oceanview cabin, is it possible that we would get a moveup offer?

Edited by Cruisingirl2012

28 minutes ago, Cruisingirl2012 said:

Are moveup offers sent to different categories, we are booked in prime oceanview cabin, is it possible that we would get a moveup offer?

MoveUp offers are based on category.  So the price/options you get as inside cabins is going to differ from a concierge class.  But everyone gets an offer - what the offer is differs based on category level.

• Like 1