shuttles in ISP/Hoonah

Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, Boo's Mom said:

For some reason they are not advertising the shuttles in ISP/Hoonah. 

I see that they are $5, but I am looking for routes, etc. 

Thank you! 

There's one road in Hoonah.  The shuttle utilizes that road for the roughly 1.5 miles between town and ISP.  It stops in town by the Post Office and near the cannery at ISP.  It may now or in the future extend to the new docks, as I haven't been there since Covid.  It's operated by Huna Outfitters.  You can call them and ask if you need more information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And you can buy the ticket at the hut near the pickup...where you can also buy the ticket for the tribal dance presentation, which was pretty neat! (and on your way there, pick up some mini donuts from the Salvation Army haha)

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Question about the shuttles. Does anyone know if they are wheelchair accessible as in I have a one piece foldable mobility scooter that I need to take with me. I don't need to board riding it.  I am quite capable of boarding on my own. I just need it for long distances of walking as I can no longer do that. We would fold it up and take it like a stroller but I need to know if it's doable.

16 hours ago, Pksperry1960 said:

Question about the shuttles. Does anyone know if they are wheelchair accessible as in I have a one piece foldable mobility scooter that I need to take with me. I don't need to board riding it.  I am quite capable of boarding on my own. I just need it for long distances of walking as I can no longer do that. We would fold it up and take it like a stroller but I need to know if it's doable.

There is a mobility shuttle from the docks around to different points at ISP that will drop you off at the town shuttle.  They use different buses for the shuttle, one of which is an old Denali shuttle bus.  You would not be able to get a wheelchair on this bus.  You could get it on one of the smaller shuttles if you can squeeze it in front of your seat.

• Like 1