P&O- No access to book a cruise online if you need an accessible room!!

JiggeryPokery

Hi

I have only been crusing with Celebrity Cruises which over the years I have found fantastic for our needs. Nothing is too much for them

However, recently due to the massive increase in prices, and decrease in their services/food etc we have decied to have a look at P&O.

I find it infuriating that P&O will not let you book a cruise with them online. The least they could do is allow disabled cruisers the facility to browse to see what ships and rooms are available before they have to make the dreaded phonecall , and they are only open a limited time. I think it is very substandard of them

I eventually got through to P&O on the phone and it took the staff member over an hour just to find what rooms were available for various cruises, and then I had to hang up to contact other members of our party to re confirm different rooms. Days later and due to the inaccessibility of P&O's booking system, we still have not booked a cruise!!

Anyone else, who doesn't need an accessible rooms can not only find what rooms are available, but, amazingly, they can also book their entire holiday online, but we can not!

Rant over!

Thanks

On 4/12/2023 at 1:09 AM, JiggeryPokery said:

Hi

I have only been crusing with Celebrity Cruises which over the years I have found fantastic for our needs. Nothing is too much for them

However, recently due to the massive increase in prices, and decrease in their services/food etc we have decied to have a look at P&O.

I find it infuriating that P&O will not let you book a cruise with them online. The least they could do is allow disabled cruisers the facility to browse to see what ships and rooms are available before they have to make the dreaded phonecall , and they are only open a limited time. I think it is very substandard of them

I eventually got through to P&O on the phone and it took the staff member over an hour just to find what rooms were available for various cruises, and then I had to hang up to contact other members of our party to re confirm different rooms. Days later and due to the inaccessibility of P&O's booking system, we still have not booked a cruise!!

Anyone else, who doesn't need an accessible rooms can not only find what rooms are available, but, amazingly, they can also book their entire holiday online, but we can not!

Rant over!

Thanks

We’ve given up on P&O partly because of the same reasons as you and also because they don5 allow me to take m6 folding scooter in a non adapted cabin. I t would easily fit into the wardrobe and I am fine if I just have a shower and not a bath.

our last few cruises have been with Princess or Celebrity and have had no problem in getting an accessible cabin.

live also found with P&O they go to the same old places with no variety in their itineraries.

We also like the all inclusive packages which they do.

• Thanks 1

Hi Londontowner

I thought there were 'reclassifed' partially accessible cabins for this reason, to allow disabled folk without the need for a large turning circle , and they also included a shower ewtc

I am going on Celebrity in about 2 weeks, but due to the massive difference in cost, drinks packages and drinks prices in general  we booked a P&O cruise for next year with my daughter and boyfriend. We were severely dissappointed with Celebrity when they downgraded the formal night to a chic night - whats that all about - jeans and a polo!!?? They have upped there cost but downgraded the classiness!

I am really looking forward the the P&O cruise in 51 weeks.

It will be possibly be our last cruise with Celebrity, but, it will be a novelty as it will be the first cruise, that my wife and myself will be our own this time, without family. Interesting

Thanks and good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 12:46 AM, JiggeryPokery said:

Hi Londontowner

I thought there were 'reclassifed' partially accessible cabins for this reason, to allow disabled folk without the need for a large turning circle , and they also included a shower ewtc

I am going on Celebrity in about 2 weeks, but due to the massive difference in cost, drinks packages and drinks prices in general  we booked a P&O cruise for next year with my daughter and boyfriend. We were severely dissappointed with Celebrity when they downgraded the formal night to a chic night - whats that all about - jeans and a polo!!?? They have upped there cost but downgraded the classiness!

I am really looking forward the the P&O cruise in 51 weeks.

It will be possibly be our last cruise with Celebrity, but, it will be a novelty as it will be the first cruise, that my wife and myself will be our own this time, without family. Interesting

Thanks and good luck!

The last cruise we did with Celebrity before lockdown was ok. However, we booked again with Celebrity for last September. We thought they had improved and the food in the MDR was very good.

in fact, we’ve booked another cruise with them for 2024.

I fell out with P&O in 2012 when they stopped me taking my small travel scooter in a normal cabin.  I didn't want to book an accessible cabin as I felt there was so few of them and  other people needed them more than me. When I discussed  the matter with them they were very off hand and made me feel like a second class citizen.

Since then I have cruised with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean & Princess all have been far superior.  In less than a week I will be cruising  with Celebrity in an accessible cabin, it will be the first time i have used an accessible cabin as my mobility has deteriorated.  Until a few weeks ago there were still accessible balcony cabins available, as they have so many more of them and its easy to book one online