Wine Selections

Deckhawk

24 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

One of our covid projects was a wine cellar. We used a contractor we'd used a few times before so his crew knew us well.

When the project was done they bought us a bottle of that as a gag gift for the wine cellar! It's still aging in the cellar... Anyone know the optimal "drink-by' date?

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

But my problem with Total Wine is their many wines which are bottled just for them.   There often is a rating from some heretofore unknown reviewer (Not Wine Spectator/Enthusiast/Advocate, Robert Parker etc).  I suspect it’s like the bogus “National Sleep Foundation” which used to give an endorsement to the “My Pillow”.

Supermarkets in the UK used to use a ploy claiming a wine had won a Gold Award at a wine fair. They forgot to mention that sometimes there were only one or two wines in the award class! So there was no option but to get either a gold or silver award.

And in Cleethorpes too.

29 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

One of our covid projects was a wine cellar. We used a contractor we'd used a few times before so his crew knew us well.

When the project was done they bought us a bottle of that as a gag gift for the wine cellar! It's still aging in the cellar... Anyone know the optimal "drink-by' date?

Optimal window is 2034 - 2058.

I still have a bottle of Charles Shaw two buck chuck in my collection.

• Like 1

Having a great cruise with the wines. The Moon earlier had done a Grand Cruise of South America and they had several reds left over. So after proving to Karolina I knew what I was talking about in regards to South American wines she has brought me a different South American red each night we are in Atlantide. A great experience.

• Like 6

We are on the Muse at the moment, in Miyako, Japan. Our butler brought us both Pommery and Heidsieck Metropole champagnes, no extra charge (there is a charge for rose'). They both go just fine with the giant serving of caviar in our cabin. It's a tough life, but somebody's got to do it, if only to maintain full employment for the world's butlers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, drron29 said:

some of the Connoisseur's list at the moment. Not easy to photograph as in a binder.

Appreciate the attempt.

Nice to see that many of these are going for 'home town retail' prices, or if not, very close to them.

• Like 1