O's Docking location in Arrecife

Delray2002

Has anyone been on a recent (2022-23)  Oceania cruise that stopped in Arrecefe (Lanzarote)?  At which location did you dock?  We've got a car rented at the port for a cruise in June but there are 2 cruise ship piers. The older one,  Muelles de Los Marmoles, is where the car rental office is. The other and newer one, La Boca de Puerto Naos, is 5 km from the older docking location which would make the rental very complicated. Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

32 minutes ago, Delray2002 said:

Has anyone been on a recent (2022-23)  Oceania cruise that stopped in Arrecefe (Lanzarote)?  At which location did you dock?  We've got a car rented at the port for a cruise in June but there are 2 cruise ship piers. The older one,  Muelles de Los Marmoles, is where the car rental office is. The other and newer one, La Boca de Puerto Naos, is 5 km from the older docking location which would make the rental very complicated. Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

what's the date of arrival?

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

and neither does cruisetimetables.com, I wonder if you can pry that info out of Oceania?

our travel agent checked with Oceania who told her it was too early to know. My conclusion: nobody wanted to be bothered to actually find out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delray2002 said:

our travel agent checked with Oceania who told her it was too early to know. My conclusion: nobody wanted to be bothered to actually find out.

I believe that the harbor master at the port often decides where ships dock so Oceania very well could not know...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

except it's the only ship scheduled to be in that port that day, so it shouldn't be that complicated.  

For the Harbor Master?  Guess you will have to ask him/her.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shepherd really said:

Or Oceania could, and then inform their paying customers.  

I am sure Oceania is deliberately not sharing their docking location to specifically make it impossible for their clients to plan anything,,,.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, basor said:

I am sure Oceania is deliberately not sharing their docking location to specifically make it impossible for their clients to plan anything,,,.

especially those planning excursions without going through O.  Because that directly impacts onboard spend and therefore the bottom line.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, shepherd really said:

especially those planning excursions without going through O.  Because that directly impacts onboard spend and therefore the bottom line.

...ending this conversation,  I was just trying to let the OP know that the Harbor Master determines where ships dock and those decisions can be made up to the last minute,,,not get in a argument with you...I don't need the last word

• Like 1

As it happens, we’ve just returned from a walking holiday in Lanzarote.  We stayed in a villa in the interior but had a good view in the distance of where the cruise ships docked. We never saw more than one ship docked and only rarely was there a second ship and this anchored just off land. On the one day we were in Arrecife, we walked up to the port end of the city where there was a cruise ship docked and can say that this was location very walkable to a nice part of town and then on into the centre.

• Like 1