Stateroom outlets Diamond Princess

chubbypiggy

Anyone has a picture of the outlets on the desktop of Diamond Princess? I will be going on the Diamond soon, and would like to know if the adapters I bought and used on the Discovery and Majestic will work on the Diamond?

In Discovery and Majestic, the outlets in the desktop look like the picture below. And the adapter I bought also in the picture. 

E491C8AD-BE24-40E6-9526-1BEA6D5345A8.jpeg

2CDF348B-BE72-4F04-BEA4-28EE099A814F.jpeg

AE010529-623D-449D-8106-AE0A2056DF19.jpeg

@chubbypiggy

A couple of things to keep in mind:

European outlets are 240 V

Most US devices are 120 V 

Adapter will change the plug, but not convert the voltage.

Most Apple products and some medical devices are dual voltage.  I have never used an adapter to plug in my Apple products (not that brave).  I do use the outlet behind the bed with an adapter that will plug in the European lamp plug and my US CPAP machine.

Is your power bar dual voltage?  

If not, you could just plug it in to the regular outlet on the desk without the need for an adapter.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@chubbypiggy

A couple of things to keep in mind:

European outlets are 240 V

Most US devices are 120 V 

Adapter will change the plug, but not convert the voltage.

Most Apple products and some medical devices are dual voltage.  I have never used an adapter to plug in my Apple products (not that brave).  I do use the outlet behind the bed with an adapter that will plug in the European lamp plug and my US CPAP machine.

Is your power bar dual voltage?  

If not, you could just plug it in to the regular outlet on the desk without the need for an adapter.

Thank you. 

I use adapters so I can plug in more items. 

Earlier I just remember my friends are currently on Diamond, so I asked her to send a picture of the outlets. Here it is. 

5B1045DD-D2FF-4273-88E2-A3198AAFE1AB.jpeg

4E2705AD-3667-47EC-BECC-573171164C64.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately, Princess' ships were built before the development of charging blocks.  That is my biggest problem.  The outlets are too close together.  On block covers up the other spare outlet.  I just ordered an Anker cube https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Extender-Charging-Delivery-Esstential/dp/B09PGXWNWG/ref=asc_df_B09PGXWNWG/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=598227559155&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4996866752097324413&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032811&hvtargid=pla-1659038129756&psc=1

to replace my IKEA power cord (not a surge protector).  Life doesn't get easier when Apple replaced the USB-A with a USB-C charging cord.  I just have too many devices (toys).