Park Port Canaveral

Suntanz

5 hours ago, Suntanz said:

I am going to give Park Port Canaveral a try. Has anyone used them? Good or bad experience?

What is the process when you get off your ship?

we have used them and had a good experience.  They were there waiting when we stepped off the ship.  They have multiple shuttles running so they can have one coming in as one fills up.

Parking area is in a fenced in area with nice paved parking.

****be sure you used the discount code at the top of their website for the best price***

• 1 month later...

Why not just park at one of the terminals in Port Canaveral? What are the benefits to offsite parking? Wife an i have a cruise comming up in a couple of months an im just starting to research this

4 hours ago, Underxdog said:

Why not just park at one of the terminals in Port Canaveral? What are the benefits to offsite parking? Wife an i have a cruise comming up in a couple of months an im just starting to research this

It costs a lot less to park off site and some people like to save money….

Parking at the port is about $18 per day and they charge you for the day your enter and the day you leave….so for a 7 day cruise you will pay 8 days of parking

just noticed this on the Park Port Canaveral web site:

FREE PARKING Promotion - Participating Hotels

Get your cruise vacation off to an easy, relaxing start. Arrive the day prior to embarkation, and relax at one of our Marriott brand hotels. You will receive FREE CRUISE PARKING for the duration of your cruise, limited to 5 days. Extra days are an additional charge.

On 5/22/2023 at 10:25 AM, Underxdog said:

We park right at Port Canaveral as a matter of convenience even though it costs more. We like getting off the ship at the end of the cruise and being able to go right to our car and get on our way home.

• Like 2

today's Florida Today:

Port Canaveral is planning to build two new parking garages on its north side, adding a total of 2,700 spaces, to handle the increased demand from cruise passengers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Marriott hotels in that promotion are typically $300+ a night, even in off season. So, the free cruise parking may not be a great deal, depending on where you would typically stay. I travel a lot and stay at Marriott 99% of the time, but am unwilling to pay that amount per night for a basic hotel. 

• 2 weeks later...

We always use Park Port Canaveral.  We like being dropped off and picked up at the terminal.  We aren't youngsters anymore and find the whole experience with Park Port Canaveral less stressful than driving to the port, fighting traffic, getting in the right lane to drop luggage, parking and walking to the terminal building.  With Park Port Canaveral we park and hand off our bags to PPC personnel, give the porter his tip when we get there and walk into the terminal.   When the cruise is over, we get our bags from baggage claim and wheel them outside where there's a shuttle waiting for us.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2023 at 1:22 PM, Marie51 said:

We park right at Port Canaveral as a matter of convenience even though it costs more. We like getting off the ship at the end of the cruise and being able to go right to our car and get on our way home.

Do you ever have trouble getting a space? We will be taking NCL over Christmas and since you can’t reserve a space I’m leary parking at the port. We don’t mind the price for the convenience, but I don’t want to be shut out.

10 hours ago, Royalpair said:

Do you ever have trouble getting a space? We will be taking NCL over Christmas and since you can’t reserve a space I’m leary parking at the port. We don’t mind the price for the convenience, but I don’t want to be shut out.

I have never had a problem getting a space, but I do understand that it could happen.

On 6/25/2023 at 5:03 PM, Two Rileys said:

We always use Park Port Canaveral.  We like being dropped off and picked up at the terminal.  We aren't youngsters anymore and find the whole experience with Park Port Canaveral less stressful than driving to the port, fighting traffic, getting in the right lane to drop luggage, parking and walking to the terminal building.  With Park Port Canaveral we park and hand off our bags to PPC personnel, give the porter his tip when we get there and walk into the terminal.   When the cruise is over, we get our bags from baggage claim and wheel them outside where there's a shuttle waiting for us.  

Is the shuttle process quick, or are you waiting a while before it fills up to take you to the terminal or back to the lot? Do you think the princess with Park Port Canaveral is quicker, or just less hassle? 

We like Park Port Canaveral because, for us, it's less stressful.   They have several shuttles that are making constant round trips to the terminals. There has always been a shuttle waiting to take us from the terminal back to the parking lot after our cruise is over.  We have had to wait a few minutes for the shuttle to take us to the terminal from the parking lot, but not long.  They have several different shuttles and specific shuttles service specific ships and terminals.  Depending on the number of people waiting on your particular shuttle, you may have to wait a few minutes for your turn to board a shuttle.

with regard to waiting for a shuttle etc a BIG factor is the number of ships on the day in question. PC has become the busiest cruise port and frankly some of the services have some catching up to do.

If you go here: https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules

and click where it says: CLICK HERE to view cruise schedule

you can get the port schedule for about 6 months at a time .. check and see how many ships are due.

It could be ONE and then no problems .... and it could be SIX and several of those BIG ONES .... then things get a lil crazy .....  even the port is scrambling announcing construction of two additional parking garages (not yet begun)

manage your expectations ....

• Thanks 1