How to cancel a dining reservation

cfarrow2112

On 4/14/2023 at 12:46 PM, wil e coyote said:

You need to contact NCL to cancel anything. Some people have reported success doing this via chat on the website, but others have been unable to get help by chat to cancel reservations. 

The best bet is to make a phone call to NCL.

I called yesterday to cancel one of my dining resi and was told that calling is the only way to do it precruise

2 hours ago, mthayer295 said:

I called yesterday to cancel one of my dining resi and was told that calling is the only way to do it precruise

You can also do it via chat on the website. Have done it many times. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Yea, I dont know why folks are saying just to ignore cancelling.   Maybe they were thinking it was just MDR or something, but either way if you arent going to use it, it should be cancelled. 

No one in this whole(year old) thread said to just ignore cancelling.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I changed my reservations yesterday on live chat, the operator was really helpful and I received e-mail confirmation within a couple of minutes, well done NCL 

On 7/7/2024 at 12:58 PM, dbrown84 said:

No one in this whole(year old) thread said to just ignore cancelling.  

You pretty much did... Maybe not EXACTLY but very much a "dont worry about it, no problems"

and it appears according to at least one person,that it can be an issue.  So, ok.  I still say if you make a reservation and/or appointment for anything the courteous thing to do it cancel it.  

On 4/14/2023 at 5:57 PM, dbrown84 said:

And if you don't cancel, it's not a problem.

On 7/5/2024 at 7:17 AM, Asawi said:

as others have said, you will not be "punished" if you don't cancel. I tend to book a couple of extra dinners at my preferred time just to have a choice but I always try to do cancel the ones I won't go to out of consideration to others that maybr would like to book that time slot. I do this on the ship.

And about false information on internet... Don't get me started... 😮 

On 7/6/2024 at 8:08 PM, Wpooh1968 said:

The reason I stated what I did was because our last sailing, we did not cancel a dining reservation within 24 hours of the scheduled time (husband became ill) and we lost one of our specialty dining credits. We are platinum and even took it up with guest services, to no avail.

Today, I did manage to cancel a dining reservation via the chat feature. I'm only going on what has occurred to us.

So based on my understanding tonight at midnight EST the reservations window will open for the commoner like me.

Question: I have a specialty dinner as part of FAS offer. I am planning to make reservation at a cover charge (not a la carte) restaurant. Would I be asked to make payment when I reserve or would payment is something that is done while on-board (which will then take off the discount)?

The last time I cruised if you have reservations in the main dining room no penalty if

you don't show up. After 15 minutes they give your reservation away. You will keep

others waiting for a table though so if possible try to cancel.

17 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

So based on my understanding tonight at midnight EST the reservations window will open for the commoner like me.

Question: I have a specialty dinner as part of FAS offer. I am planning to make reservation at a cover charge (not a la carte) restaurant. Would I be asked to make payment when I reserve or would payment is something that is done while on-board (which will then take off the discount)?

Be sure to reserve the cover charge restaurant first. You shouldn't be charged if you do that. Once you've made the reservation for Moderno or Teppanyaki or Hasuki, then make all other reservations. If you make reservations at the a la carte restaurants first, then the online system would require payment to make a cover charge restaurant reservation.

27 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

You pretty much did... Maybe not EXACTLY but very much a "dont worry about it, no problems"

and it appears according to at least one person,that it can be an issue.  So, ok.  I still say if you make a reservation and/or appointment for anything the courteous thing to do it cancel it.  

actually, I pretty much did not, as you point out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Be sure to reserve the cover charge restaurant first. You shouldn't be charged if you do that. Once you've made the reservation for Moderno or Teppanyaki or Hasuki, then make all other reservations. If you make reservations at the a la carte restaurants first, then the online system would require payment to make a cover charge restaurant reservation.

Thanks for your reply, also we have kid in our party. Should I just make reservation for Guest 1 and Guest 2 (since they are only part of FAS Offfer). I know Kids will have a complimentary menu but want to see if I need to include 3 guest on reservation or 2.

1 minute ago, Sayuil said:

Thanks for your reply, also we have kid in our party. Should I just make reservation for Guest 1 and Guest 2 (since they are only part of FAS Offfer). I know Kids will have a complimentary menu but want to see if I need to include 3 guest on reservation or 2.

The reservation is for butts at the table, so I'd reserve for four. You still shouldn't be required to pay. There has been some conversation around kids needing to purchase a meal at Teppanyaki even if eating off the kid's menu. I'm not sure what the resolution was to that, but be aware of this. Perhaps ask when you get onboard to find out if you'd be required to pay. I haven't heard of the same issue at Moderno. 

What a nightmare it was trying to reserve dining. I logged in right at midnight EST and the site been crashing.

Finally was able to make reservation after 30 mins of repeat tries. App on the other hand is even worse. I have used the website in past, it was not this bad.

Question: I see entertainment are not available to book? Can those be book ahead of time as well or wait until onboard

28 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

What a nightmare it was trying to reserve dining. I logged in right at midnight EST and the site been crashing.

Finally was able to make reservation after 30 mins of repeat tries. App on the other hand is even worse. I have used the website in past, it was not this bad.

Question: I see entertainment are not available to book? Can those be book ahead of time as well or wait until onboard

Some entertainment (the main show) can usually be booked at 21 days out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1