Vista coffee shop

Vinlin06

I have been looking at the deck plans for the Vista for our upcoming cruise.  I do not see  the coffee shop Java Blue anywhere.  Is it under a different name?  Can someone please confirm that there is a coffee shop and where it is?  Thanks in advance. 

I've been there for coffee, never looked at the name. It was near the Havana area. It is there. I tried the Havana area once for a shot of their cuban coffee which only the Havana area has.

Idk if they still do it but the coffee shop also had a give away of the daily compass if you need one and some kind of daily puzzle. 

It's there. I looked at the deck plans. Actually there were 2 places that had coffee in the morning right there close I think one was the plaza bar and the bigger main one is the ocean plaza and it also had the ice cream and milk shakes. I could be wrong looking at the deck plans but there were 2 places. I had cheers and got coffee every morning on vista.

Edited by firefly333

16 minutes ago, Vinlin06 said:

I have been looking at the deck plans for the Vista for our upcoming cruise.  I do not see  the coffee shop Java Blue anywhere.  Is it under a different name?  Can someone please confirm that there is a coffee shop and where it is?  Thanks in advance. 

Hi @Vinlin06🙂

JavaBlue Cafe is located on Promenade Deck 5, mid ship.

See the recent Fun Times below. 

20230416-122313.jpg

20230416-122251.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/16/2023 at 11:28 AM, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @Vinlin06🙂

JavaBlue Cafe is located on Promenade Deck 5, mid ship.

See the recent Fun Times below. 

20230416-122313.jpg

20230416-122251.jpg

As noted above the Java Blur cafe is on deck 5 amidship.

The coffee they serve there is light years better than what you’ll find anywhere else. If you have the cheers package it’s included.

On 4/16/2023 at 11:19 AM, Vinlin06 said:

I did see something called shake spot on the deck plans in that area.  Maybe that is it.  Thanks for the help.

JavaBlue and Shake Spot are the same location. They also serve coffee at the Ocean Plaza bar which is a stone's throw away from Java Blue. They have Cuban coffee in the Havana Bar as well but I don't think it opens until 10 or so.

Edited by Saint Greg

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

JavaBlue and Shake Spot are the same location. They also serve coffee at the Ocean Plaza bar which is a stone's throw away from Java Blue. They have Cuban coffee in the Havana Bar as well but I don't think it opens until 10 or so.

That. But also if your room is nearby, there is a small breakfast buffet set up in Ocean Plaza. We were in the Havana section and I would pop out and grab some breakfast for our balcony or sometimes we just go on over and then take it right outside on the deck where they have tables. We would grab a coffee and the little crossword from there.

The breakfast doesn't have everything but it was so close to our cabin and enough for us. Some basics - eggs, bacon, potatoes and usually waffles or pancakes, fruit, cereal, all of the juices, yogurts, and a few other things. It was nice too if dd wanted to sleep in and I wanted to go to the MDR. I pack her a plate and drop in the room and head to the MDR or wherever. We also used the morning door tag for the basics sometimes too.

Tip - if there is a big line, the Ocean Plaza bar - is just a few steps across from the coffee / shake spot and the little buffet could make most of the the coffee drinks there too.

It has had many several years since I sailed the Vista tho.

Also - love the Cuban coffee in Havana- especially with the spun sugar they spin in the espresso, but Saint Greg is right, it opens late, and on a warm weather cruise sometimes it was too hot even at 10/1030 for me to want coffee anymore.