Internet - per person or per cabin?

cruzlover

Just trying to clarify the Internet users included in the “Free Drinks and Wifi” package. Is it 1 device per person or per cabin? I think I read you can only use the first device you sign up with. In other words, you can’t log out of your phone and then into your iPad. 

No problem for my husband and me but my sister is sharing a cabin with a friend. Will they have to do rock, paper, scissors to see who gets the internet? Also, it’s my understanding that a wifi package is not needed to contact other passengers via a messaging service. Is this correct?

It is 2 devices per cabin. Cannot change which device you use . So, no changing from iPad to phone.

If you are in YC, then 2 devices per person.

• Internet access for 1 device per guest, up to 2 devices per stateroom. Features: Browse the web; Send and receive emails and images; Chat on messenger apps (e.g. WhatsApp). No Video.  Duration: entire cruise. Data limit: unlimited. Yacht Club staterooms do not receive an additional Beverage package and/or Wi-Fi package as they are already included in the Yacht Club experience.
Edited by phissy

It's per device really, once you activate that device you can't transfer it to another device. You can buy two device package by one person and use it on your phone and another person's phone but won't be able to transfer the connection to an iPad or Laptop.

5 minutes ago, Brighton Line said:

It's per device really, once you activate that device you can't transfer it to another device. You can buy two device package by one person and use it on your phone and another person's phone but won't be able to transfer the connection to an iPad or Laptop.

I don’t know for sure because I’ve never cruised with MSC before but I’ve heard from a few that you actually can switch devices. They say you have to go to a logout page and then you can login with a different device. I will investigate this in May when we cruise. I know that on Ocean Cay you have to logout on the ship before you can login on the island.  At least that’s what we’ve seen on YouTube. 

20 hours ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

I don’t know for sure because I’ve never cruised with MSC before but I’ve heard from a few that you actually can switch devices. They say you have to go to a logout page and then you can login with a different device. I will investigate this in May when we cruise. I know that on Ocean Cay you have to logout on the ship before you can login on the island.  At least that’s what we’ve seen on YouTube. 

I would like some clarity on this, if you can switch devices and have just one login - I've not sailed with MSC before, so interested to see if this works. I think the price they are asking for wifi is quite expensive

11 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

I would like some clarity on this, if you can switch devices and have just one login - I've not sailed with MSC before, so interested to see if this works. I think the price they are asking for wifi is quite expensive

Unless someone else can confirm this I won’t know until May 28. But I’ve heard a few vloggers say you can. A lot of people aren’t very technical and may not realize the details involved in doing so. We shall see. 

2 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

Unless someone else can confirm this I won’t know until May 28. But I’ve heard a few vloggers say you can. A lot of people aren’t very technical and may not realize the details involved in doing so. We shall see. 

I won't know for definite until the 5th of May, so I am before you  😄 

• Like 1