Arrival times for shows and dinners?

tbmrt

Does one have any leeway on getting into restaurants around their reservation time?  (Before assigned time and afterward)

I know you're not supposed to leave Duel Reality if you're on Deck 6, but is it okay to leave the other shows if you need to make dinner time?

Can one walk in and out of the Festival shows which do not have to be booked?

Trying to get things together before booking my restaurants.  

15 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Does one have any leeway on getting into restaurants around their reservation time?  (Before assigned time and afterward)

I know you're not supposed to leave Duel Reality if you're on Deck 6, but is it okay to leave the other shows if you need to make dinner time?

Can one walk in and out of the Festival shows which do not have to be booked?

Trying to get things together before booking my restaurants.  

Restaurant reservations are usually held for 15 minutes past your scheduled arrival time but getting seated early is a crap shoot.  I arrived 15 minutes early at Extra Virgin and was 'rudely' turned away. 

Regarding shows, Duel Reality has an absolute no-movement policy during the performance.  You'll understand when you see it for the first time (and DO see it).  I'll leave it up to other sailors to chime in on the other various shows.  Hope this helps.

• Like 3

I’m guessing it depends on how many passengers are onboard, we’ve turned up early to reservations and been seated immediately as normal. Only place we’ve ever had a delay and had to wait for a table is the Wake and we turned up at the correct time.

• Like 1

I have been seated 'early'  at the Wake many times but my Extra Virgin experience was special.  I waited in the check-in queue for 30 minutes and arrived at the check-in station 15 minutes early.  Was rudely told to come back at my appointed time so I got back into the queue for another 30 minutes to arrive back to the check-in desk 15 minutes late.  With that said, Extra Virgin is really not worth a one-hour wait standing in the check-in line.

Note to OP, avoid booking dinner reservations that coincide with the end of a show or shows.  For example: Duel Reality ends 1 hour after its scheduled start time at which time hundreds of sailors make a mad dash to one of the major restaurants.

• Like 2

As above, supposedly you can arrive within 15 minutes of a restaurant reservation; you might have to wait a few minutes if a table is not immediately ready.  Most of the time, we were seated immediately on walk ins!

The policy on not leaving the main floor seating during Dual Reality is strict in order to prevent injury to the performers.  If you need to leave, sit on the upper level.  We have walked out on other shows, not because we had reservations, but because the show was just not good/we were not enjoying it.  You aren't required to remain seated anywhere else.

I do agree with the above--after a show, people rush to form lines at restaurants, so this is not a good way to organize your schedule.  In fact, you can look at a show and if not attending, schedule dinner 15 minutes before it is scheduled to end.  You'll be seated immediately and can chuckle at the line you avoided.

I've never been rudely treated over seating at any restaurant; not saying it doesn't happen, only that it didn't happen to us.  We were treated poorly when we did as we were told and entered THe Wake on the lower level.  The first time, no problem.  There were crew on the lower level communicating with the upper check in by walkie talkie. The second time, we were informed that we "had to" check in upstairs, but my cruise partner can't walk stairs.  They then wanted me to go up, check in, and come back down (68, with chemo fuzz on my head at that time rather than any real hair).  After that, we started having me get off the elevator on the top floor and my partner riding down an additional floor...and we'd meet at the bottom.  

• Like 2