Mayan Ruins Tulum Excursion

Jeter02

I'm going on a princess cruise this summer and I have both the Mayan Ruins Tulum excursion.

How strenuous is this excursion? Is it safe for someone who's got a bad knee that tends to give out to participate in this excursion?

Any Mayan Ruin excursion would be tough for anybody with mobility issues due to the amount of walking and extremely uneven ground at most of them. (done a few in my day)

I found them a bit strenuous, but not ridiculous before I developed mobility issues. (especially at the ones they still let you climb the pyramids and other buildings) Lots of uneven surfaces even in the more excavated sites and tons of roots and very uneven ground at the lesser excavated sites.

Sadly as much as I loved touring those ruins back in the day, I can't even consider them anymore, now that I'm pushing 60 and have balance issues.

The Tulum excursion requires Ferry and bus travels to get to, then the site.

Thats alot of travel for a possibilty of having to stay in the bus while everyone else tours.

• Thanks 1

However,  Tulum does have pathways and there's no climbing on temples in Mexico.   DW wants to see these again when we're there in January, and my knees aren't int he best of shape, but don't think I'll have any issues at the site.  Maybe climbing down to the beach, if that's part of the excursion, will be problematic.   

• Thanks 1