Any experience in this cabin?

rbtan

My spouse booked a 14 day B 2 B on the Sky in Jan. 2024. The cabin # is M108(Marina Deck) It sits just above the bridge & is a Reserve(Club Class) cabin. We see it has a large wrap around balcony, but don't know much more than that. Any experience would be welcome. I have heard that while cruising the cabin 

door to the balcony is closed & locked. Likely this is due to the strong wind.Any thoughts would be appreciated. All Reserve cabins appear booked, so moving is unlikely.

Have been upgraded to this room on other Royal class ships.  The room layout is more like a suite than a mini suite.  You walk-into the living room rather than the bedroom.  There is no curtain/door to divide the bedroom and living room.  There is a partition between the bed and sofa which are positioned back to back in relation to one another.  Bedroom has a window, which regular mini-suites do not have.  Wrap around balcony is great!  Balcony was never locked by the crew.  The question of usage depends on how much wind is present.  There were days where we couldn't use it due to the wind.  Curtains have to be closed and balcony light has to be shut off at night as to not interfere with navigation, but usage at night is possible at night so long as you keep the light off and curtains shut.

This is a great cabin! We stayed in it earlier this year, and we've had the same one on other Royal class ships. As was mentioned above, the door to the balcony isn't locked. I've nearly always found a place to sit outside, working around the wind.

A really nice thing about this cabin is the separation between the bedroom and the rest of the cabin. My hubby tends to get up way too early, and with the layout he has access to the balcony and the rest of the cabin without disturbing me.

We keep the curtains closed until we settle down for the night, and then we open them up for star watching. 

This one and the corresponding M107 on starboard side are our every favorite cabins.

12 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Google found this Youtube video:

I've stayed in this cabin and it has positives and negatives. In this video you can see where the furniture has been tied down by the cabin steward. This happened to me as well- he would tie it up each evening and then I would have to untie it in the morning if I wanted to sit out on the balcony and have my morning coffee. It was a bit of a pain. The other negative is that you cannot see over the railing when you are seated so if seeing the ocean roll by is important to you, I would pick another cabin without a solid steel balcony. The final negative is the wind tunnel that is created when the balcony door is open. When deliveries arrive or someone returns to the cabin, you absolutely MUST make sure the balcony door is closed. All that said, M108 does have an interesting layout and a large balcony. 

We were in a forward cabin on the Lido deck on the Regal and really enjoyed it. Our slider was never locked, however, said, you will need to keep the drapes closed at night so the lights do not interfere with the Bridge.