Posted rates for taxis in Nassau?

Sun Lover

We will be docking in Nassau and have an excursion booked at Hotel RIU Palace on Paradise Island, which is on Cabbage Beach close to Atlantis.  I've read on the boards to be careful knowing what the cost of the cab ride should be in advance so as not to be overcharged.  How would we know what that is?  Are there posted rates at the pier when we get off the ship?

21 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

Yes, but how would I know what the rate is supposed to be?

It's like booking a cruise. If the price is acceptable to you, book it. If not, don't. I don't think there is any kind of taxi commission that sets rates. It's more like what the market will bear.

There usually are enough cruise passengers going to Cabbage Beach, so you can probably get a shared van for $5PP.

If not, take a shared van to Atlantis and walk 10 minutes to the public access for the beach. There will be cabs at the beach to take you back to the ship.

We learned that the posted fares mean little to the drivers, even with the taxi “coordinator” at the airport.

So don’t be afraid to ask another driver if the fare seems high. Can’t help with the fares, sorry!