RCL refund timeframe?

We had a cruise booked with Royal for Hawaii Sept 2024 which was cancelled by Royal  in February this year and was offered alternatives which we declined for a refund. It has now been 10 weeks with no refund. After reaching out to the TA we booked with, we are told it is normal and could be a bit longer.

I know during Covid there were lots of delays in processing cancelled cruises and such, but is it really normal to take this long to refund a cruise that they cancel?

53 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

We had a cruise booked with Royal for Hawaii Sept 2024 which was cancelled by Royal  in February this year and was offered alternatives which we declined for a refund. It has now been 10 weeks with no refund. After reaching out to the TA we booked with, we are told it is normal and could be a bit longer.

I know during Covid there were lots of delays in processing cancelled cruises and such, but is it really normal to take this long to refund a cruise that they cancel?

We also had that cruise booked, but we moved it to a different cruise.  We have another one that we cancelled 2 months ago and we received all of our money back in 4 weeks.  I would push the TA harder and have them call to get an update to at least ask when you should be expecting the credit at this point.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We also had that cruise booked, but we moved it to a different cruise.  We have another one that we cancelled 2 months ago and we received all of our money back in 4 weeks.  I would push the TA harder and have them call to get an update to at least ask when you should be expecting the credit at this point.

Thanks TlBecker,

We rebooked  also, but onto a Celebrity Hawaii itinerary.

4 weeks is much more of what I would have expected. I'll  poke our TA again and see if I can get something better of an update. 

• Like 1

Also, it took me 2 phone calls to get it all sorted out.  We had received 99% of what we paid, but they hadn’t credited us for our shore excursions until I called back.  It is so important to keep a detailed amount of what you are expecting.

Not a cancelled cruise but last year I tested positive for covid on the first leg of a b2b and missed the next cruise. Royal originally told me 30 working days for the refund but it actually came a few days before that. A couple of cancelled excursions were even quicker.

I had to cancel my Hawaii cruise that was scheduled for next month, May 2023,  in March 2023, after final payment, due to Royal Caribbean changing the vaccination guidelines for Hawaii to Vancouver.  I cancelled the cruise and had a full refund within 2 weeks.  I booked directly with RCI and not through a travel agent.  I would reach out to your travel agent, they work for you and they should be calling Royal on your behalf.   Why it would take 10 weeks is crazy.  

Good Luck!

• Like 1