Zaandam Question

Billtkat

My wife and I are going on the Zaandam for the Boston to Montreal cruise May 27th . Our room is in one of the Neptune Suites rooms,  7035. Our last cruise we stayed in the Vista Suites so interested in feedback on what all comes with the Neptune suite. Kind of past time to ask if it is worth it so really just want to see if there is a list of all the stuff that we can take advantage of while on board.  

thanks - 

37 minutes ago, Billtkat said:

Kind of past time to ask if it is worth it so really just want to see if there is a list of all the stuff that we can take advantage of while on board.  

We did a Neptune Suite on our Alaska cruise last September. We felt that a few things made it worthwhile. Access to the Neptune Lounge with the Concierge was a big plus for me. I found myself walking there with questions at least a couple of times a day, if not more. And it's a nice place to relax or grab a snack or a drink (even if the drink is a soda). We weren't particular about the huge space, but once we were in it, well, it was pretty nice. The automatic Club Orange was nice, boarding was good, etc. But whereas others had to wait in line at guest services, we just went to the concierge for anything and everything. That spoiled me.

I was on the Zandaam in january. We had the orange package in a non suite room. getting on and off the ship pretty much when we wanted to. No line at dinner, but we did eat late quite a bit. There was one extra menu item at dinner. never made it to breakfast in the MDR.  The upgrade in robes was nice!

there is supposed to be a separate line for orange members at the guest services desk. this was not the case when i was there and i let them know. they made it right.

Had a free stateroom upgrade within the same class of cabin.

a cheap totebag ( it was handy)

welcome glass of bubbly.

expanded room service was free, fresh squeeze Oj and mimosas.

we paid for the upgrade. i think it was worth it. but it should have better dinning extras. like bring back lobster with a $15 up charge.

The piano bar was a highlight. Clara Vee, was amazing! 

When we get Neptunes, we spend a lot more time in the cabin and balcony than we do when we are in standard size cabins. So the privacy and quiet in the generous Neptune space is very welcome.

We also like being very close to the Neptune Lounge, since we use it for small morning and midday light meals/snacks.

This way we avoid the often tantalizing, more crowded and noisier Lido, where portions are larger. -waste not, want not-- I can't seem leave something uneaten - legacy of Depression Age parents. Therefore, I always gain less onboard weight when we have a Neptune suite, since we pick the smaller portion, but high variety items, from the Lounge instead.

Having easy access to the Lounge also works for us when the steward makes-up the room in the morning. The push-button cappuccino machine in the lounge is a plus for that midmorning break time. Catch up on some news or pick up a random book in the Lounge.

They can arrange delivery of wonderful hot or cold hors d'ouvres, if you want to entertain others in your suite.  Or enjoy them yourself if you have a late seating dinner time.

For us, the pace of the ship drops down for us when we have a Neptune -nothing seems rushed or the need be get line get to anything done.  Just ask the concierge. Yet you still have all the activity choices you want from the rest of the ship too. Best of all worlds.

Free laundry and **dry cleaning** is another great plus. Which often provides same day superb service. There may be special cocktail parties and luncheons just for Neptune guests -but less so of late from what I hear.

Enjoy your time.