$2 Bills

StarryBugg

Give it a try. Let me know. I asked a fellow who works with me that. His wife is a branch manager of a bank. She told him you have to request 2.000.00 or more. Not sure any bank would do that...just to give you afew. Think asking the branches who might have some still from circulation might be best

..............................happy cruising

10/03 Legend

It's possible different banks have different

policies, but I always get 2 dollar bills..about 40 or 50 dollars worth from my bank. Sometimes they have to do a quick search but have always had them. Once a teller said.."ah you must be going on vacation; so I must not be the only one in my neiborhood that does it.

MitchC

Carnival Miracle 02/13/05

Splendour of the Seas 01/26/04

Carnival Conquest(adors!) 01/11/04

Paradise 03/02/03

Carnival Spirit 01/03

Carnival Legend 12/02

Carnival Victory 04/02

Sensation 01/02

Carnival Triumph 11/01

Imagination 11/00

Paradise 01/00

Holiday 11/98

Norway 1986

Mardi Gras 1986

(original CCL vessel)

Same here. I just get them from the bank. Usually they have plenty. Once, though they only had about $10 worth.

DH found one in my purse yesterday (left over from last month's cruise.) He asked if he could use it, or were we going on another cruise in the next few days? LOL, I wish!!!

Drive-a-thon for Roatan details here!

Sovereign 01/02, 11/02, 6/03, 08/03, 09/03

Fantasy 06/2002

Mariner 12/03 , Radiance 04/04

Policy is differnet from bank to bank. Many don't carry them as there is little need for them. They are excellent for tipping as they are unique and the cruise employees love them. Same for the new quarters. Many banks get so many old quarters turned in, that they have no need to order any from the reserve bank. Best advise is to call your bank first. If they don't carry the 2's, they can (may) order them for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Through talking with friends, I found one place that will always have $2's. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Friends? Yeah ok ....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StarryBugg:

Through talking with friends, I found one place that will always have $2's. Seems the strip clubs in our areas use $2 when giving back change so the guys don't have $1's! LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Friends, huh???!!!!

OK, if you say so! icon_biggrin.gif But that IS a good idea icon_biggrin.gif

Blessings 2 U

Miracle Sept 5,2004 7 day

Destiny June 13,2004 7 day

Disney Magic Sept 6,2003 7 day

Spirit Nov.2002 Panama 8 day

Paradise Oct 2002 10 day

Paradise Feb.2000 7 day

Yes most banks will have them, I just picked up $50 worth as part of a wedding gift we were giving. I kept meaning to call and order them and was surprised to find they have them most of the time.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;4;2;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Time before another living legend is made.

Paradise (Carnival) 1999

Victory (Carnival) 2000

Destiny (Carnival) 2001

Legend (Carnival) 2002

Pride (Carnival) 2003

Miracle (Carnival) 2004

The tips you are talking about are the workers PAY. Why do we need to be cutesy with their PAY? Just pay them, $1's, $5's, $10's, all work fine anywhere. $2's are not universally accepted everywhere outside the US. Why show our appreciation for their service by giving them a denomination that might be hard for them to use.

I'll bet they remember generous better than cute.

Dan

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till 9/5 Paradise Panama Canal

I'm with Dan on this one. I think any novelty the $2 bill had has long disappeared. Just give them regular cash and they will be just as happy.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Pride of Aloha 6/07/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Got to agree with Dan as well.

Functionality wins over unique. The staff will remember you all right. *You're* the passenger who gave them the $ that was a pain in the @$$ to use. Same goes for those annoying $1 coins. Leave them home for the tooth fairy to use.

demon2.gif

namelogo.png

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Carnival Valor 10/30/05 CC Group

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Perhaps something else as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

$2 bills are so uncommon that they can be difficult to either use or exchange outside the U.S. -- even the new $20 bill can still be a hassle. What we might think as a novel or unique gesture ("Oh, they really will remember us because we're the ones who gave out the $2 bills!") may not be so welcome as you might think (what service employee is going to scowl at you for this... of course they're still going to smile and thank you).

Excuse me? Two dollars are as legal tender as

anything and are accepted everywhere American

currency is. It is also practical for those of us that know in this day and age two dollars should be the minimum for any tip, and don't care to carry a cra*load of dollar bills.

MitchC

Carnival Miracle 02/13/05

Disney Wonder 10/24/04

Splendour of the Seas 01/26/04

Carnival Conquest(adors!) 01/11/04

Paradise 03/02/03

Carnival Spirit 01/03

Carnival Legend 12/02

Carnival Victory 04/02

Sensation 01/02

Carnival Triumph 11/01

Imagination 11/00

Paradise 01/00

Holiday 11/98

Norway 1986

Mardi Gras 1986

(original CCL vessel)

Excuse ME! I said outside the U.S. -- which is where most of the cruise line employees will have to deal with using the $2 bill. Legal tender yes, but that doesn't mean they have to accept it in a foreign country.

And yes, I'm not so cheap that I will only tip $1 as you insinuated. I'll carry my "double" cra*load of $1 bills and can't imagine how an extra bundle is that hard for someone to carry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mtchg:

Excuse me? Two dollars are as legal tender as

anything and are accepted everywhere American

currency is. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is sure to be labeled an urban legend, but I do know people who, here in the U.S., were given a hard time when they tried to pay with a $2 bill. It's so uncommon that not everyone realizes they exist (my wife says she has never seen one and did not realize they existed until I told her).

A humorous $2 bill story.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=4>

<param name="day" value=18>

<param name="hour" value=18>

</applet>

Carnival Conquest 4/18/04

Folks,

Learning about this novel tipping idea from who ever posted the "most complete list of essentials", I made a visit to a local branch of BofA. The teller had about $44 in $2 bills, and gathered another $50 from the other tellers for me. I was happy. All along the cruise, I did not really feel the use for them and started spending them at the ports of calls for gifts, souveniers, food and drinks. I felt the novelty of them in Belize, when a cashier looked at it really strangely and went to ask her superviser if it was really a legal tender! Anyway, it was accepted there, after all. The last day of the cruise is when I used them, as suggested, to tip the nicest service people I ever met on a vacation. Yes, it was our very 1st cruise...

My son and I used $2 bills to tip our cocktail waitresses and for room service on our first cruise in 2000 to Alaska on Celebrity Mercury. A year later we cruised on the Century and one of our cocktail waitresses was working on board. Not only did she remember that we were the first to give her a $2 bill, but she also remembered our names!!! I thought this was incredible considering the 1000's of passengers she had seen in the meantime. I feel if you want to use the $2 bills, go ahead. I know we will continue to do so.

Judy

Carnival Pride - Mexico

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Celebrity/Mercury - Alaska Aug 2000

Celebrity/Century back to back Caribbean Aug 2001

Celebrity Century Western Caribbean Feb 2002

Rented a villa in Jamaica Aug 2002

Norwegian Star Hawaii July 2003

Norwegian Sea Bermuda July 2003

Wow--If I were your cocktail waitress and you were tipping me in $2 bills in addition to the tips the cruiseline already puts on the tab I would remember you too!!!

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Pride of Aloha 6/07/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

But - she also "comped" us many, many drinks on both cruises. Well worth the extra effort on my part. We always find bartenders and waitresses who bring us free drinks.

Judy

Carnival Pride - Mexico

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Celebrity/Mercury - Alaska Aug 2000

Celebrity/Century back to back Caribbean Aug 2001

Celebrity Century Western Caribbean Feb 2002

Rented a villa in Jamaica Aug 2002

Norwegian Star Hawaii July 2003

Norwegian Sea Bermuda July 2003

Archived