Back to Back Cruises

apple42

Hi folks, My wife and I are doing our first back to back cruise in a couple of weeks and are wondering for the second cruise. Online check-in, passport check, photos for cruise card and credit card details do I have to do these before boarding. I'm sure I won't need a boarding pass as we are already on board and are the luggage labels for the first cruise all right at disembarkation.Thanks

The only thing that you have to do is go to reception and get a new cruise card - no other paperwork necessary.

You will get a letter a couple of days before the end of the first cruise telling you what needs to be done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, apple42 said:

Hi folks, My wife and I are doing our first back to back cruise in a couple of weeks and are wondering for the second cruise. Online check-in, passport check, photos for cruise card and credit card details do I have to do these before boarding. I'm sure I won't need a boarding pass as we are already on board and are the luggage labels for the first cruise all right at disembarkation.Thanks

We did a back to back cruise last October/November and as david63 said we just went to reception to collect our new cruise card. If you have the same cabin for both cruises you should also let your cabin steward aware so they know that you will not be vacating your cabin. 

1 hour ago, True Devonian said:

If you have the same cabin for both cruises you should also let your cabin steward aware so they know that you will not be vacating your cabin. 

Don't even need to do that - they already will know, but to make their life easier just say that they do not need to change everything on turnaround day.

Edited by david63
  • Like 2

Could anyone advise on arrangements when back to back cruise but different cabin locations please ?

Wonder if we will be moved to new cabin quickly and if cabin steward will take care of moving our belongings, do we need to pack or can we leave clothes on hanging rails to be moved, any information would be helpful - thanks

13 minutes ago, Milliecat2013 said:

Could anyone advise on arrangements when back to back cruise but different cabin locations please ?

Wonder if we will be moved to new cabin quickly and if cabin steward will take care of moving our belongings, do we need to pack or can we leave clothes on hanging rails to be moved, any information would be helpful - thanks

Normally if you are changing cabins the cabin steward, or someone else, will move you - clothes put on rails, drawers swapped from one cabin to the other - you only have a minimal amount to deal with yourself.

As for timing it will be once the cabin you are moving to is ready as your "old" cabin will need to be made ready as soon as possible.

Thanks David63 , that's helpful, sounds like it should be an easy process then, fingers crossed !

I keep thinking about trying for same cabin, but we are doing Fjords which I feel is worth the cost of the balcony and then Northern Europe for New Year for 5 days which I prefer to save my money and have inside cabin..........I do feel lucky to even have these choices there are far worse dilemmas to have ! 🙂

18 minutes ago, david63 said:

Normally if you are changing cabins the cabin steward, or someone else, will move you - clothes put on rails, drawers swapped from one cabin to the other - you only have a minimal amount to deal with yourself.

As for timing it will be once the cabin you are moving to is ready as your "old" cabin will need to be made ready as soon as possible.

We have never had drawers moved from one cabin to another, nor have we seen drawers being moved along a corridor when someone is obviously moving cabin, since a member of staff is wheeling a hanging rail with luggage on it, I did not realise that was an option, though perhaps depends on cabin. 

We have never found it a problem to take things out of drawers and pop into cases though - we even just use carrier bags for things in bedside tables or bottles etc.  There is plenty of space at the bottom of the portable hanging rails, so cases are transported at the same time as wardobe contents.  We tend to take the valuables and some things separately ourselves though, making a couple of extra trips and leaving time for us to check there is nothing lurking about in the old cabin, that had been overlooked. They leave you with both cabin cards until your move is complete and you just need to pop the old ones down to reception when done.  We have usually been moved by before 10am or so, on the change over day as the cabin steward will be keen to have the first cabin vacated, so need to be ready to go by about 9am, or soon after.

6 hours ago, tring said:

We have never had drawers moved from one cabin to another, nor have we seen drawers being moved along a corridor when someone is obviously moving cabin, since a member of staff is wheeling a hanging rail with luggage on it, I did not realise that was an option, though perhaps depends on cabin. 

We have never found it a problem to take things out of drawers and pop into cases though - we even just use carrier bags for things in bedside tables or bottles etc.  There is plenty of space at the bottom of the portable hanging rails, so cases are transported at the same time as wardobe contents.  We tend to take the valuables and some things separately ourselves though, making a couple of extra trips and leaving time for us to check there is nothing lurking about in the old cabin, that had been overlooked. They leave you with both cabin cards until your move is complete and you just need to pop the old ones down to reception when done.  We have usually been moved by before 10am or so, on the change over day as the cabin steward will be keen to have the first cabin vacated, so need to be ready to go by about 9am, or soon after.

6 hours ago, tring said:

Just now, Milliecat2013 said:

Many thanks for the information 

• Like 1