Price Difference Between EZ Air and Booking Directly

lolane1

This is an interesting thread.  I have two EZAIr experiences (both domestic).  In 2022, we used EZAir for our round trip to FLL.  We priced FC tickets on AA and DL and best rate we could find was $2.4K (total for both of us). We booked this on EZAir and our cost was $1.85K so we saved appx $600.

This year, we are doing round trip to FLL Dec 21 and returning Jan 6.  Did the same research, cheapest FC we could find was $3.4K and this is the same amount as EZAir, so no savings on this one (we are booked thru EZAir now but check fares pretty regularly)

We always book our domestic flights independently.  The international flights that we have taken have been a mixture of independent and EZ Air with the most recent being EZ Air.  
     We just experienced an interesting situation.  We were scheduled to sail today on a Princess Mediterranean cruise.  Three days ago we received a Move Over Offer from Princess because our sailing was overbooked.  It was an offer that we couldn’t refuse so we rebooked for a later date.  Because we had EZ Air Princess took care of rebooking our flights and absorbed all cost increases.  The replacement flights that we were given were very satisfactory.  If we had had independent air arrangements it would have made it more complicated and expensive to accept Princess’s very generous Move Over Offer.  We will continue to use EZ Air for our cruise related international flights.

• Like 6

Our experience has also been that we book our own domestic flights, however, we have found that EZAir is much less expensive and saves us a substantial amount of money with the flexibility that others have mentioned.

EZ Air is great for one way international fares. I booked a business class one way fare Melbourne-Rome for my August cruise for almost 50% less than anything I could buy direct from the airlines, because international one way flights from Australia are nearly double the price of return flights.  I am flying in 16 days before my cruise to spend a fortnight on the Amalfi coast.  I booked nearly a year ago, and will be paying for it this week.  So far, so good.