Unable to add pre/post cruise hotel and transfers

steilkurve

Hey all. Just booked a World Europea cruise for this summer. I was trying to add a pre/post cruise hotel and transfers through MSC in Genoa from my account on their Canadian web site. I get an error message every time. Nothing shows up. A few questions:

-Do I need to be paid in full for it to work?

-does anyone know which hotel MSC uses in Genoa?

Thanks.

Good morning all. Just paid in full and still get an error message when I click to add pre/post cruise accommodations/transfers. I may end up just making my own arrangements but if anyone has info on this, please jump in.

More questions about adding to my booked cruise if I may. First time with MSC and I'm noticing it is not as easy as with say Royal Caribbean to add excursions and dining.

Is it normal that for an early August cruise there are very few options for shorex showing? Will more be available onboard?  What about dining. Aside from packages, I cannot find a way to add specialty dining reservations. 

All info appreciated. 

5 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I couldn't even find where you could add transfers online...

On the Canadian version of the MSC web site, it shows up on your booking page once you’re logged in. Big banner under the itinerary. But it leads to an error message. See screen grabs.

At any rate, I found a hotel that seems nice, the Melia Genova, and that’s where we’ll stay.

IMG_0082.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I could be wrong, but I believe the pre and post excursions for these cruises are not available because the ship is embarking and disembarking passengers at every port.  We get on in Marseille and are not able to book excursions in Marseille but can in all other ports.

This is in response to OP's question.

Edited by Mutzi S.

7 hours ago, Mutzi S. said:

I could be wrong, but I believe the pre and post excursions for these cruises are not available because the ship is embarking and disembarking passengers at every port.  We get on in Marseille and are not able to book excursions in Marseille but can in all other ports.

This is in response to OP's question.

Interesting. Perhaps that is why, though the rep on the phone did tell me that they didn't offer pre/post options. But perhaps the rep was just mistaken and your explanation is correct.