Shaq, this is how you do my bacon?

soremekun

The last outbreak of trichinosis was 1981 and that was with bear meat.  I think you are safe.  Unless to fix the bacon issue they started serving raw bear bacon.  It used to be more prevalent in raw pork but that was fixed by what they feed pigs now.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
53 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

In general, Americans like their bacon and their eggs overcooked compared to other countries. 

Can't please all the people all the time 🙂

Yes, I like my food medium well to well cooked.  Hopefully it will destroy any bacteria that may exist.

3 minutes ago, Ozzieru1e said:

Funny that’s what my daughter says 😆.  There’s favor with all the onions, garlic & peppers I use.😋

I have found that after you cook out all of the flavors and then add all the onions, garlic and peppers, if you also add about a half cup of coconut oil into it, it makes it much easier to scrape into the garbage.😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I have found that after you cook out all of the flavors and then add all the onions, garlic and peppers, if you also add about a half cup of coconut oil into it, it makes it much easier to scrape into the garbage.😏

😝 

On 4/22/2023 at 8:24 PM, soremekun said:

At least attempt to cook it.  This is unacceptable!

IMG_20230421_080604957.thumb.jpg.d83097e8b023343ce70d5f67299e89ea.jpg

Every now and then I LOVE my bacon like this.  I hate how the bacon is usually so overcooked it is hard as a rock and beyond too crispy.  I would take mine like this all day long 😁

• Like 4

On 8/22/2023 at 12:00 PM, wemjam said:

Every now and then I LOVE my bacon like this.  I hate how the bacon is usually so overcooked it is hard as a rock and beyond too crispy.  I would take mine like this all day long 😁

It has been my recent experience that bacon served in London usually looks like this. I am surprised that none of the Brits sailing out of Dover have started a thread complaining about how horribly crispy the bacon is on the Pride! 

Anyone besides me remember an awesome British cooking show called Two Fat Ladies?  They referred to that kind of bacon as "streaky bacon" or "American style bacon," and always cooked it exactly like that.

It was an awesome show, I loved that the older one would at times be caught in the background smoking or with a dram.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chief93 said:

Anyone besides me remember an awesome British cooking show called Two Fat Ladies?  They referred to that kind of bacon as "streaky bacon" or "American style bacon," and always cooked it exactly like that.

It was an awesome show, I loved that the older one would at times be caught in the background smoking or with a dram.

That was a great show.