Shaq, this is how you do my bacon?

soremekun

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

So all they need to do is not serve about 75 billion slices of bacon and their debt will be paid off. 

In all seriousness, folks, the reason that they only serve bacon every other day is the same reason they took sautéed mushrooms and shoestring potatoes off Guys toppings bar. There was a not-insignificant number of people who were taking more than a reasonable single serving, and ruined it for everyone. 

So now every time I ask for two slices of bacon, they pile the plate up with a clump of about 10 slices, and most of it goes to waste.  How is that saving any money? 

On 8/30/2024 at 2:11 PM, DeniseTr said:

Either way, cruise ship bacon is low quality, I usually eat sausage instead

I was on a 21-day B2B on Legend (8/28 to 9/18) on of Dover.  The bacon was great.  Very lean, almost no fat.  It was like a cross between bacon and breakfast ham.  I assume this was just how they do bacon in the UK.  

They served a few different types of breakfast sausage.  I tried all varieties that the served, and all of them were disgusting.   Maybe it's a British thing (bangers?), but I couldn't eat any them.  All of them were bad enough to gag a maggot🤮🤢.

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I was on a 21-day B2B on Legend (8/28 to 9/18) on of Dover.  The bacon was great.  Very lean, almost no fat.  It was like a cross between bacon and breakfast ham.  I assume this was just how they do bacon in the UK.  

They served a few different types of breakfast sausage.  I tried all varieties that the served, and all of them were disgusting.   Maybe it's a British thing (bangers?), but I couldn't eat any them.  All of them were bad enough to gag a maggot🤮🤢.

Yep, every Brit I've spoken with complains about our bacon.

On 8/30/2024 at 2:11 PM, DeniseTr said:

Almost perfect for me.

Bacon used to have to be cooked well because of trichinosis, but that has been wiped out in U.S.

Bacon is one of those foods that people are particular about. I HATE well done bacon, others hate soft.

Either way, cruise ship bacon is low quality, I usually eat sausage instead

We were on Pride back in November. Our first cruise.
While my personal preference is crispier bacon, it was the breakfast sausage that had us questioning what in the nine hells it was. It was hot dog textured with a snappy casing and tasted odd. I've seen pictures of different styles (closer to "Brown'n'Serve") so hopefully it won't be the same on our next trip.
We also thought the pepperoni at the pizza place for our specific cruise was... very unusual in a way we didn't prefer (the four cheese pizza was wonderful).

• Thanks 1

This is not raw bacon but bacon as it SHOULD be cooked, and not incinerated like all Americans seem to do, which js a crime against pork!

By the way, you can eat pork cooked medium , moreover, a pork fillet should always be still pink. The disease myth is just that: a myth in any developed country with appropriate farm conditions and tracing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Despegue said:

This is not raw bacon but bacon as it SHOULD be cooked, and not incinerated like all Americans seem to do, which js a crime against pork!

By the way, you can eat pork cooked medium , moreover, a pork fillet should always be still pink. The disease myth is just that: a myth in any developed country with appropriate farm conditions and tracing. 

I believe there used to be an issue with un booked bacon in u.s., but is no longer an issue (trichinosis)  https://www.cdc.gov/trichinellosis/about/index.html#:~:text=In the past%2C people in,of trichinellosis in this area.

My breakfast this morning:

20240906_064636.jpg

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Despegue said:

well, I dunno. 9 people recently died from a listeria outbreak caused by a very respected Boar's Head brand... They recalled all of their hams and other types of meat.

I'd rather not take that chance.

In other news...

image.jpeg.1c9c4a6fb45b7588d2f61fd9b877d6b9.jpeg

image.jpeg.0a254aa69c1179e73ef9ee9a8a88770c.jpeg

• Haha 3