Last ship arriving in Port

Buffalobills

We will be last in at port in Cozumel  and there is 4 big ships there that day. I really want to try Paradise Beach or something like that for the day but I’m hesitant in booking since we are the last ship to arrive. Any suggestions ? Also what about sargassum do any of the resorts give you a refund if it’s really bad that day. I leave on the Magic on May 6 and need to book something pretty quick.

UNless they've changed you don't need reservations for Paradise Beach unless you want to AI.  4 ships in Coz on any given day is about average.  If you were the last ship and there were 8 in port, you might have some concern. But recent visitors over Spring Break cruises are saying, plenty of chairs.

10 hours ago, Buffalobills said:

We will be last in at port in Cozumel  and there is 4 big ships there that day. I really want to try Paradise Beach or something like that for the day but I’m hesitant in booking since we are the last ship to arrive. Any suggestions ? Also what about sargassum do any of the resorts give you a refund if it’s really bad that day. I leave on the Magic on May 6 and need to book something pretty quick.

5 ships is not at all unusual for Cozumel - 8 ships can dock, although I agree it is becoming more crowded with the bigger ships and 8 BIG ships would be a lot.

If you book Paradise, there will be room if they accept your booking but you obviously won’t get prime real estate. It would appear from recent reviews that Paradise actually being full has subsided, either because of decreased demand or more likely increased capacity post-Covid. From my experience pre-Covid Paradise always “feels” busy but then, facilities are good and they cater to groups and families.

A lot depends on how late your ship arrives and leaves - many cruisers begin to leave from 2 pm and capacity decreases.

Sargassum is possible at beaches on west coast coast depending on recent weather patterns and currents but not usual. It is unlikely you would get a refund for that but that may depend on who you book through. You could call and take your chances on the day and have a back up plan.