Royal reclassifying Quantum rooms. What to do?

ShazM

On 4/27/2023 at 7:18 PM, ShazM said:

Thank you. My very first thought when we got the original email a couple of weeks ago was whether they were going to change the ship but I haven't heard anything about that. We did book direct and I called them 2 days ago and they manually changed the balance owing back to what it was. Still waiting on the room though. They were full of apologies and said we shouldn't have to be making these phone calls. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Has it been fixed? 

On 4/25/2023 at 12:57 PM, poocher said:

Another great reason to use a TA.  She handled it all & stayed on top of it til it was fixed.

Doesn’t always work out. We had a very good travel agent. She tried hard to sort out our issues..involving her manager and the local area manager. None of them could do anything..of course they had other customers and our booking of four cabins could not take priority. However….It was our booking, and I did not have other clients to deal with. I phoned RCCL and spoke to them..with the same result as travel agent. They were prepared to talk to me even though TA had booked it. Still not sorted ! So I emailed Michael Bailey..One of his minions phoned and emailed from USA to UK and it was eventually sorted out to our satisfaction. Took me many hours but I wasn’t prepared to give up.

We all enjoyed our cruise in the end.

Be determined , refuse to accept what doesn’t suit , RCCL caused the issue, not you and you can  get it fixed !!!!

Edited by Reina del Mar

17 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Just checked my reservation today and my temporary "guarantee" assignment was changed back to my original room.  So, seems like no issues after they did whatever it was they did.  It showed "GTY" for about 6 days.

I called the other day and they readjusted the price back to the original price after the $2000 increase. Today we got our original room back so I checked the price again, it had gone up $3000 this time. I made another phone call and had it readjusted again and confirmation sent. I guess we will see. The room went from a J4 junior suite on the hump to a J3.

16 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Has it been fixed? 

It has now, it is now a J3 and not a J4. After making a call to have the price put back to its original price last week it was done and we just had to wait for the room to be reassigned. That was done today but this time the price was up by $3000 and I made another phone call to have it readjusted again so hopefully that is it but I am going to keep an eye on the balance owing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShazM said:

It has now, it is now a J3 and not a J4. After making a call to have the price put back to its original price last week it was done and we just had to wait for the room to be reassigned. That was done today but this time the price was up by $3000 and I made another phone call to have it readjusted again so hopefully that is it but I am going to keep an eye on the balance owing.

So tonight I checked again after making another payment and after they had fixed it up and back to the original amount it has now gone up another $200. Sounds like they have charged a change fee for giving  us our originally booked room back so looks like I have to make another phone call which can wait until tomorrow. Can't be bothered again tonight.