Offerings for kids on longer voyages?

TravelFiend

Hi all!

First timer on Princess and trying to learn everything! We are booked for a 10 day Panama Canal cruise on the Ruby over Thanksgiving. We’ll have our two daughters, 10 and14, with us. I’m a little nervous about keeping them occupied on such a long trip with multiple sea days. We’ve only cruised on lines that really market to families with lots of “stuff” - think rock wall, sky ride/coaster, ropes course, etc. 

I’m sure my kids will be fine, but just wondering if I need to bring some games and really plan some activities for them, or if there are good offerings in the kids/teen clubs? And do there tend to even BE any kids on these long voyages?

Just want to set realistic expectations before we cruise. I’m sure we will have an amazing time! Excited to try Princess and open to any and all advice for newbies on this line!

We have taken kids with us on cruises varying from 7 days to 20 days in length and so far have not had an issue with bored kids yet.

The kids club has a wide range of games and activities for the kids with their own version of the patter to let you know what is on each day. Whilst Princess doesn't do the big ticket items like rock walls, coasters, rides etc they do have gaming machines and arcade machines in the different clubs.

Which brings up the next item, your daughters are in different age brackets which will mean they will be in different kids clubs. They do not make age exceptions, the only time I have seen age exceptions occur was on the longer cruise where the number of kids were lower and they allowed the kids and teens to mix.

So far we have found every cruise no matter the length there is always kids on board, just the number varies from quite a lot (usually holiday periods) to around 20 or so on really long itineraries.

• Thanks 1