New AMEX Offer

Calnev1

22 hours ago, singleflyer said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear with my post.  What I meant was that I had 100+ offers already.  When the NCL offer was added, it was added at the top of my list.  Some offers "trump" other offers, this being one of them (at least for me), where it automatically shows up at the top of the offer list.  I have found that it Amex Offers don't get added in chronological order.  My assumption would be that if it isn't showing up already on your list, you would be wasting your time adding offers to get down to less than 100 to see if you have it.  

Maybe someone has a data point where the current NCL didn't show up on their list until they started adding offers to get lower than 100.  I kind of doubt it though.  I'll stand corrected if someone has that data point.

Like you, my NCL offer showed up at the top of my offer list.  I also think, like you, that AMEX prioritizes these offers and the big cruise line discounts get some sort of priority.

• Like 1

I'm new to NCL (and cruising in general).  If I purchase 2x $500 OBC now, and then book an excursion a week from now (but before the sailing), will it be paid for out of the OBC or does OBC only actually start working once "on board"?  

16 minutes ago, singleflyer said:

I'm new to NCL (and cruising in general).  If I purchase 2x $500 OBC now, and then book an excursion a week from now (but before the sailing), will it be paid for out of the OBC or does OBC only actually start working once "on board"?  

NCL's OBC is only useable while onboard the ship (for which it was purchased or given).

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 1:41 PM, singleflyer said:

My assumption would be that if it isn't showing up already on your list, you would be wasting your time adding offers to get down to less than 100 to see if you have it.  

Maybe someone has a data point where the current NCL didn't show up on their list until they started adding offers to get lower than 100.  I kind of doubt it though.  I'll stand corrected if someone has that data point.

I don't know how I can share evidence of this, but I can tell you that this has worked for me twice! That's why I'm really appreciative when people post here when they start seeing the Amex offers. Once I see that offers are appearing for others I go to my account and start adding offers to clear space for new offers to appear. Both times that I have done this the NCL offer eventually came up! First time it showed up fairly soon.The second time I had to add offers for like a half hour (but I didn't give up because I knew it had worked once before LOL) and sure enough it eventually showed up!

I will say this has only worked on my Platinum card. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

I don't know how I can share evidence of this, but I can tell you that this has worked for me twice! That's why I'm really appreciative when people post here when they start seeing the Amex offers. Once I see that offers are appearing for others I go to my account and start adding offers to clear space for new offers to appear. Both times that I have done this the NCL offer eventually came up! First time it showed up fairly soon.The second time I had to add offers for like a half hour (but I didn't give up because I knew it had worked once before LOL) and sure enough it eventually showed up!

I will say this has only worked on my Platinum card. 

I stand corrected 🙂

• Like 2