cancellation of port

Here's a silly question, if the RCCL cancels a port due to prop problem, and they give you a $100 shipboard credit, do they refund any of the port charges?
On rare occasions they might, but most often no. A $100 shipboard credit is for tghe incovenience. The cruiseline most likely has to pay the port charges even if they miss the port.

When they cancelled CocoCays last week due to rough seas, they replaced it with San Juan for us. My guess is that it costs way more to dock in San Juan than to drop anchor off their own island. Yet, the cruise line didn't charge us anymore. They also credited people for excursions that were missed. I think they usually try to treat people fairly when a port is missed...

Here's a silly question, if the RCCL cancels a port due to prop problem, and they give you a $100 shipboard credit, do they refund any of the port charges?

If they give you $100 SBC you are getting much more than the port charges. On my next cruise the total for port charges, four ports is $139. That works out to a approximately $35/port. You still end up ahead.

I was on the Majesty Jan 2006 and we missed a port and RCL wouldn't do anything for us.

When we couldn't go to coco cay because of wind we did not get any credit but when we missed cancoon we got $100. Did you overlook the credit?

If not,maybe you should call them.

RCCL rolls the port fees into the cruise price these days so they are less discernible. I wold say that you're not going to see refunds from them for missed ports, which you also agreed to with the cruise contract.

On the opposite side of things, we're on Freedom in the fall and if there has to be a hurricane, I hope it's a big one that sends us East instead of west. I'd much rather be on her through St. Martin and the other great islands over there than Jamaica and Grand Cayman, as scheduled. That said, we booked her for the ship so even if they just dropped anchor 100 miles offshore, I'd be happy.

Archived