No Email - but upgrade offer in Booking - Carnival really wants my room!

wemjam

I have had a room changed on me as well (and I know they can just take it - the "they must really want my room" was meant to be tongue in cheek).   

We were booked in an inside room one sailing.  Nothing changed until we actually got to the terminal and we were advised we were upgrade to an ocean view room.   At the time I thought "woo hoo!"  Got on though and was extremely upset.  We were directly under the kitchen area (a room we would never have selected) and the entire cruise our room smelled strongly of onion/garlic/etc cooking.  Also, it was like the system wasn't updated because we kept getting mail/things to our room for someone else and had to chase down with our steward and customer care repeatedly all the items that were supposed to come in our name.  All we can figure is for some reason we ended up in someone else's room that maybe cancelled or something?

11 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I have had a room changed on me as well (and I know they can just take it - the "they must really want my room" was meant to be tongue in cheek).   

We were booked in an inside room one sailing.  Nothing changed until we actually got to the terminal and we were advised we were upgrade to an ocean view room.   At the time I thought "woo hoo!"  Got on though and was extremely upset.  We were directly under the kitchen area (a room we would never have selected) and the entire cruise our room smelled strongly of onion/garlic/etc cooking.  Also, it was like the system wasn't updated because we kept getting mail/things to our room for someone else and had to chase down with our steward and customer care repeatedly all the items that were supposed to come in our name.  All we can figure is for some reason we ended up in someone else's room that maybe cancelled or something?

Sounds frustrating!  Is there no recourse when one is moved to a cabin in a not preferred area?  Could you have said "no thanks" and they would have moved you to another cabin?  Just curious in case I get in that situation.  Thanks!!

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Sounds frustrating!  Is there no recourse when one is moved to a cabin in a not preferred area?  Could you have said "no thanks" and they would have moved you to another cabin?  Just curious in case I get in that situation.  Thanks!!

The first day when we realized the situation, we requested to move to a different room.  We were told they were sold out.  Which is what happens most cruises. 

I even asked about our original inside room and was told "it was taken"

Edited by wemjam

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

The first day when we realized the situation, we requested to move to a different room.  We were told they were sold out.  Which is what happens most cruises. 

I even asked about our original inside room and was told "it was taken"

Taken, like Liam Neeson "taken"?  Just kidding, not really. I'd be so ticked.  Sorry that happened.

• Haha 1