Strong reaction to high summer cruise pricing in North America

15 hours ago, loman said:

When i first saw the plans for Oasis i couldnt wait to sail on it . 

Icon seems like a big waterpark on a ship. Great for families with kids.

Same here when the Quantum class was introduced.  The biggest appeal was the different design and the 4 distinct restaurants with the Dynamic Dining concept.

32 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Ya, they're located in different part of the forum 😉

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/49-msc-cruises/

I'm aware of that. Thanks.

That said, their aggressively low-pricing is directly related to the aggressively high pricing being discussed in this thread.

Have a blessed day. 

18 hours ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

I'm aware of that. Thanks.

That said, their aggressively low-pricing is directly related to the aggressively high pricing being discussed in this thread.

Have a blessed day. 

We have only cruised on Royal and love Royal but I think that is a very good point. There will be a tipping point with prices and traditional loyalty to the big two.

On 4/29/2023 at 11:11 PM, BennyandBo said:

Exactly. I don't mind the price going up. I do mind cut backs in food and services. But food most of all. Double the price per person, but don’t go from five salad dressings to three, no bags of chips with sandwiches, no cracked black pepper in dinning room. (All very petty cut backs that ain't never gonna pay back billions in debt). But prices going up to maintain the same level of quality and service, fine, fare enough, that's life. Prices go up, not down.

I recently posted a quick review of my Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore reflecting the small but noticeable changes you just quoted. They did have bags of Chips (limit two) at the Park Cafe at Lunch time. Overall service was very good but breakfast was the only meal that seemed to almost be normal to pre-covid, The other meal selections have been "slimmed" significantly.

I accepted the cuts because I thought the fare was reasonable. The same cruise is more than double the price I paid one year from now. I did not book a Next Cruise like I normally do. I do not expect to see prices go down but sometimes a block of rooms become available at a lower price for a few days which I take advantage.

• Thanks 1