NCL website organization of available excursions

quack2

I, too, really dislike the way they block you from seeing "conflicting" excursions if you have something booked.  On the one hand, I want to book early so a popular excursion does not sell out BUT I would sill like to be aware of other offerings in case I would find something more interesting.  Agree that it is annoying.  

While we are on the subject . . . is there some reason that excursions must generally begin so early?  Many times we will be in port all day so why must we be hustled out at 7:30 and back by noon?  This sometimes stops me from booking.

Edited by Travelling2Some
  • Like 1

If I want to know possibly available excursions, I open a separate window and enter:  https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursionshttps://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions (use sort features).

From there I am able to select various ports and see all excursions that might be available.
A call to the Shore Excursion department will get me further information on availability (at the time of my call). There are times when I've been told to call back (closer to the cruise). OR, check with the ShorEx onboard the ship.  By calling, or checking onboard, I have been able to add an afternoon excursion (must have at least an hour+ between 1st and 2nd excursions).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

I, too, really dislike the way they block you from seeing "conflicting" excursions if you have something booked.  On the one hand, I want to book early so a popular excursion does not sell out BUT I would sill like to be aware of other offerings in case I would find something more interesting.  Agree that it is annoying.  

While we are on the subject . . . is there some reason that excursions must generally begin so early?  Many times we will be in port all day so why must we be hustled out at 7:30 and back by noon?  This sometimes stops me from booking.

In regards to starting some excursions early, they might have to schedule around other ships in port or other excursion schedules. It also might be so they can schedule the same excursionslater in the day if the morning ones sell out. On a recent beach excursion our group started early in the morning and we were told the next group was coming about 1/2 hour before we were supposed to leave venue. 

• Like 1