Concierge move up bid question

I got my move up bid email today for a 10 night cruise this July on Beyond.  Last summer on Apex, I moved up from Inside Stateroom to Deluxe Porthole--I was alone, and the bid I put in was doubled for two people, as I expected.  This summer there doesn't seem to be deluxe porthole available which is fine.

I'm a bit tempted by the making a bid on Concierge, it starts at $200, which I'm assuming means $400.  But the kicker is that I'm in one of the solo person IVs next to the elevators.  It seems like that bid would mean a significant step to to a regular 2-person IV.  That would be quite a deal!  But I'm wondering if that really means I get the Concierge perks in the cabin I have?  The solo IV costs less than the Inside Room for 2 (single supplement), so this Concierge move up seems like a big step from the solo IV.

Any advice?  Perhaps I should just call Celebrity?  But they don't do the move ups, it's an outside company right?

Thoughts?

ETA:  actually last summer's move up was something else on a Solstice class--the deluxe porthole move up came over the phone from Celebrity when I called about something else, so the Deluxe Porthole was not in my move up email for Apex last year, either.

Edited by Random Cruizer

1 hour ago, Random Cruizer said:

I agree it wouldn't be worth if I was in a regular 2-person IV, but I'm in one of the tiny solo IVs on deck six right on top of the lifeboats.  So the move might be worth it...

I have been on Concierge rooms twice as a solo. (Early on restarts where the Con rooms were less than IV room)

I placed value for the Con room as no more than $100. Points to consider:

The Concierge rooms are on decks 10-12. If you are on deck 12 you will be right under public spaces like OV Cafe, pool, Solarium. Not sure about overhead noise but unless someone in the know tells you it is not an issue I would not chance it.

You get to go to a lunch on Embarkation that ends at 1:30..it was nothing special.

You get a bottle of sparkling wine (which I traded out to Chardonnay) 

You get these small snacks mid afternoon. Some were fine, some I did not even touch so they were a waste for me.

I never used Concierge my first trip, and only once the second to help me clear up an account issue.If you need to get off ship early for a tender port or debarkation then it helps.

If you have the drink package, then nothing is different. Other than getting a full size IV room, not sure I personally get the value other than having a gold colored card.

Again, just my personal opinion. I have a single veranda cruise on the Ascent and will probably not change,

As an additional comment, because I was on the Edge while Covid was still highly part of our lives, they did not have a special embarkation area set up, not sure if that changed.

Edited by kelib
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kelib said:

I have been on Concierge rooms twice as a solo. (Early on restarts where the Con rooms were less than IV room)

The Concierge rooms are on decks 10-12. If you are on deck 12 you will be right under public spaces like OV Cafe, pool, Solarium. Not sure about overhead noise but unless someone in the know tells you it is not an issue I would not chance it.

You get to go to a lunch on Embarkation that ends at 1:30..it was nothing special.

You get these small snacks mid afternoon. Some were fine, some I did not even touch so they were a waste for me.

I never used Concierge my first trip, and only once the second to help me clear up an account issue.If you need to get off ship early for a tender port or debarkation then it helps.

If you have the drink package, then nothing is different. Other than getting a full size IV room, not sure I personally get the value other than having a gold colored card.

Again, just my personal opinion. I have a single veranda cruise on the Ascent and will probably not change,

As an additional comment, because I was on the Edge while Covid was still highly part of our lives, they did not have a special embarkation area set up, not sure if that changed.

Very detailed, thank you very much!  Will not make bid--

Happy cruising!

4 hours ago, kelib said:

Do you realize that the OP is currently in a cabin sized and designed for one person?  If she wins the Concierge bid, she will be in a much large cabin sized and designed for two people?

• Like 1

Just now, jagoffee said:

Do you realize that the OP is currently in a cabin sized and designed for one person?  If she wins the Concierge bid, she will be in a much large cabin sized and designed for two people?

Yes, and I even mentioned that would be a benefit if so desired to move up. I was just giving my personal opinion on what I felt was a Concierge experience. 

17 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Thanks, you are correct!  But with my luck I'd end up on 12 with noise overhead.  I also have family staying in suite with a sunset verandah where I can visit for good views when we are going through scenic places.  I'll also be off the boat most afternoons, so the afternoon snacks would not be useful.  I really only sleep in my cabin.  It makes a difference that's it's just for another IV--if it was for a real one (like the deluxe porthole, which I loved on Apex), I would definitely bid.

• Like 1