How do I edit my own post?

I see others’ posts that say something like “Edited 6 hours ago by (original poster). I want to make a correction to one of my posts, but I can’t see how to do it. I have looked though over a year’s worth of topics in the Community Help Forum, but didn’t find this topic. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Valdinger said:

I see others’ posts that say something like “Edited 6 hours ago by (original poster). I want to make a correction to one of my posts, but I can’t see how to do it. I have looked though over a year’s worth of topics in the Community Help Forum, but didn’t find this topic. Thanks!

You click on the 3 dots in the right hand corner of your post and if there is still time left to edit your post it will give you that option but you only have 15 to 20 minutes after you post to make edits. After that you no longer have the option to edit your post. 

Edited by Charles4515

If the change desired is really important, using those same three dots, click on Report, and ask the mods to make the change, explaining why.  They might or might not do it.  If they don’t, you can reply to your own post, quoting the post and explaining what needs changed.  EM

Please remember, the time limit will continue while you are editing your post. Do not take too long to complete your edit. The software will not be able to post your edit if the time limit expires while you are editing.

Also, only certain info can be edited by Cruise Critic for you. Please note the following section from Can I Have My Post(s) Deleted? Edited? in the Community Help Center:

Can My Post Be Edited Please?

Posts will ONLY be edited if they contain personal information. Note that we have provided a reasonable period of time in which to edit your postings. Please include a LINK (web address) to the posting and send to help@cruisecritic.com from your e-mail address of record on your Cruise Critic account.

We will need the link to the thread/posting to be able to provide the above service.