[Equinox] Brown water from stateroom faucet

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

They are tested quarterly, and most of the small ones (cabin showers, toilets, etc) are replaced annually.

So this just means that this is an infrequent event.  Perhaps not ship water but ***** water ...

🤣

We used to have JP-4 in our water ...  Pardon me for my skepticism...

Perhaps if customer service gave a reasonable answer to the OP we would not be having this discussion.  The older ships on Celebrity seem to have maintenance issues.  Hard to believe that they are following maintenance schedules...

Edited by NMTraveller

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

We used to have JP-4 in our water ...  Pardon me for my skepticism..

Which came from the water source (the ground water), not from anything in the water system.  And, obviously, your water was not either distilled or filtered by Reverse Osmosis.  Bit different from ship's systems.

9 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

The older ships on Celebrity seem to have maintenance issues.  Hard to believe that they are following maintenance schedules...

Even if you keep up with the maintenance schedule of an older car, doesn't it start to need repair more often than when new?  And, things like the testing or renewal of backflow preventers is checked by the USPH/CDC inspectors.

When a cruise ship is built, USPH inspects both the plans and the actual construction of the fresh water systems to ensure that there is no possible cross-contamination with any system.  Even things like a hose bib on deck, used to wash down the outer decks, must have a backflow preventer on it, so you could not hook up a hose to another system and feed back into the fresh water system.  I put the cleanliness of cruise ships' water far above that of nearly any municipality in the US.  And, this is backed up by statements from USPH inspectors I have talked with.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 3