Luggage Alaska land tour

Electra 7

Hi I have read our luggage allowance for the Alaska land tour is small back pack and one bag we are taking a suitcase and a cabin bag on the cruise 

will the suitcase be too big to take on the land tour 

many thanks for your replies

For the land portion you are allowed a suitcase for the under bus storage and a small carryon per person.  Most normal suitcases are fine, think 28 inch.  Normal restrictions apply to the cruise portion.  I don’t know what you mean by “bag”

the carryon must be small, not an airline carryon something like a small daypack

Edited by Mary229

50 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

For the land portion you are allowed a suitcase for the under bus storage and a small carryon per person.  Most normal suitcases are fine, think 28 inch.  Normal restrictions apply to the cruise portion.  I don’t know what you mean by “bag”

the carryon must be small, not an airline carryon something like a small daypack

Thanks so much for your reply I found it most helpful I did understand the size of the backpack but it was the (bag) that was throwing me and that was all the information that I could find

thank you so much again I can plan and organise now

Be advised, there are many different Alaska Cruise/Land and Land/Cruise tours out there, each with different luggage arrangements. It greatly depends on the mode of transport used. On our journey, large regular suitcases, as well as regular carry-ons were used with no problem on flights and busses.

Have you looked on the HAL website at the 2023 version of the HAL Alaska Tour Tips on the HAL website? There is a lot of information there (I have enclosed it here).

2023-ak-cruisetour-tips.pdf

We did the Y1L last year and you may find some tips in our review;

On our previous Land First Cruise second with HAL, on the land portion we would put our suitcase outside our room in the AM and the porter/luggage handlers would handle our larger suitcase and transport it to our next stop/accommodations. we had a backpack with our valuables and meds for the bus/train portion. HAL also offers to store and transport another suitcase that is packed with just cruise attire to the ship. you wouldn't have access to it during the land portion.