HAIR, anyone???

I have been looking at this post and imagined it was a poll to see how many cruisers might want  the musical Hair to be put on a RCCL ship. But I much more enjoyed your topic. However, I am sure you did not.

• Like 2

No, thank you!! But if it happened, I would just remove the hair with a tissue and toss it. 

This is a good reminder though to check the cleanliness of the cabin and to pack antiseptic wipes. People are disgusting. Only takes a few minutes to wipe everything down. Remote goes into a ziplock. The TV and mirror were smudged last time; I asked the steward to Windex them and he did so immediately. 

Most of us have our pet peeves so I get it. For me, it's when the lounge staff has no sense of urgency delivering my drink. And it's usually straight gin.🤤

Edited by goldfish65
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 6:16 PM, depplep said:

I have been looking at this post and imagined it was a poll to see how many cruisers might want  the musical Hair to be put on a RCCL ship. But I much more enjoyed your topic. However, I am sure you did not.

It also could have been the name for a Wig 'n Weave group sailing on the ship with lectures and socials discussing current trends.

Mention it to the room steward, have a drink and move on. 🙂 

That's not exactly the easiest color hair to see against that shower wall.  Not sure I would correlate once a day service to finding light colored hair on your shower wall.  I would take some TP, grab the hair and throw it in the trash. 

I'm probably not as grossed out about these things though by my own admission.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting the OP's experience and I'm not casting any doubts about the intent of the post.  

HOWEVER, I wonder if people, not necessarily the OP, go into their other social media venues and post every time they find something like a hair in their pea-soup, or spaghetti, or a gnat in their queso and chips while on the outdoor patio of their favorite Mexican Restaurant?   Or is it just the RCCL C.C. site that this appears on?  Do I want to find other people's hair in my shower?  Hell NO!  But, I'd get it fixed on the ship, period. 

On 5/8/2023 at 6:16 PM, depplep said:

And here I also thought Hair was coming to RCCL.  They would have been great in my opinion. 

44 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting the OP's experience and I'm not casting any doubts about the intent of the post.  

HOWEVER, I wonder if people, not necessarily the OP, go into their other social media venues and post every time they find something like a hair in their pea-soup, or spaghetti, or a gnat in their queso and chips while on the outdoor patio of their favorite Mexican Restaurant?   Or is it just the RCCL C.C. site that this appears on?  Do I want to find other people's hair in my shower?  Hell NO!  But, I'd get it fixed on the ship, period. 

Perhaps it was highly coincidental that in 14 cruises with Royal during the past 10 months, this is the first time something so glaringly wrong with the cabin's cleanliness occurred-- just as the housekeeping cuts were implemented.  Or perhaps this is the start of a new trend.

Many posters on this website are known for jumping on the bandwagon.  So if lax housekeeping and dirty cabins were to be the new normal, it's here that we'd hear.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PWP-001 said:

Perhaps it was highly coincidental that in 14 cruises with Royal during the past 10 months, this is the first time something so glaringly wrong with the cabin's cleanliness occurred-- just as the housekeeping cuts were implemented.  Or perhaps this is the start of a new trend.

Many posters on this website are known for jumping on the bandwagon.  So if lax housekeeping and dirty cabins were to be the new normal, it's here that we'd hear.

1 hour ago, Ret MP said: