Transfers from Whittier to Anchorage

ChemistBabe

Our flight home doesn't leave until 3:45.

Rather than spending WAY too much time in the airport, we would love recommendations for transfers that include some sort of excursion.

Alternatively, do Princess transfers drop us off someplace where we can leave luggage and explore downtown Anchorage?  What would a family of 4 (two adults, two bigger kids) do for half a day or so in Anchorage?

Thanks!

First, that’s a fairly early flight for Anchorage.  When I debarked in Whittier, I had a Princess transfer to Anchorage which did not depart really early, because of the tunnel schedule.  On the way it stopped at a wildlife conservation center and alyeska before continuing on to Anchorage.  In anchorage we were dropped at Egon  center where we could leave our luggage and wander around downtown until another bus would take us to the airport.  Granted, this was quite a few years ago, but I’m sure the same transfer is offered.  EM

We will be on Majestic Princess June 10-17.  Our flight home is not until 8pm.  We have booked Portage Glacier Scenic Cruise with Drive to Airport.  It is a 5 hour excursion .  They can drop you off at the airport or the Egan Center in Anchorage.   This looks to be the best option as I do not want to spend my day sitting in the airport.  Since your flight is at 3:45 you can get dropped off at the airport- I think it says in the description of the excursion that you will get to the airport around 1:30.  Hope this helps.