Is this known about prebooking paid for restaurants

Wizard0302

Currently on Arvia and came across this while at reception regarding a related query. 

Not sure if this is known about or hidden deep in p and o t&cs. 

We had originally booked the limelight for last Monday, but then found out that we had won tickets to see Gary Barlow, so headed to the my pando app and pressed "cancel booking" for limelight. which I stupidly thought would initiate the return of funds for original booking. Nowhere on the app does it say you need to go to reception for them to then send an email to the finance dept to get the refund. 

How many other guests have clicked on that "cancel booking" button not realising there are other processes required to get money back. 

When asked, how many other guests are in same situation, reception staff stared blankly, and say its the process, not their problem as your original booking was with shoreside. And unable to provide me any proof what they have done will actually happen. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Wizard0302 said:

Currently on Arvia and came across this while at reception regarding a related query. 

Not sure if this is known about or hidden deep in p and o t&cs. 

We had originally booked the limelight for last Monday, but then found out that we had won tickets to see Gary Barlow, so headed to the my pando app and pressed "cancel booking" for limelight. which I stupidly thought would initiate the return of funds for original booking. Nowhere on the app does it say you need to go to reception for them to then send an email to the finance dept to get the refund. 

How many other guests have clicked on that "cancel booking" button not realising there are other processes required to get money back. 

When asked, how many other guests are in same situation, reception staff stared blankly, and say its the process, not their problem as your original booking was with shoreside. And unable to provide me any proof what they have done will actually happen. 

I wasn't aware of that, so thanks for the heads up. 

Have you tried to access your Cruise Planner whilst onboard? I ask because that would be a simple way to cancel and ensure you got a refund. I've not tried; I've always assumed that you couldn't access it once you've boarded. Can you try and let us know?

There is a time limit on automatic refunds for cancelled tours or restaurants. I think it’s three days before the event. It may be that an exception is made for special events causing a clash, hence the manual process so that you don’t lose out?

4 hours ago, Wizard0302 said:

@TigerB

In answer to your question about accessing cruise planner once on board, you cant

Thanks. I didn't think you could 

The easiest way I found to cancel prepaid reservations once onboard was to just go straight to the podium of the restaurant and speak to the manager. We’re onboard Arvia now and I did this a few days ago with a beach house reservation which is already paid back onto my card.

Be aware that if you plan on booking something else instead you’re better off transferring the booking as you get 20% discount when booked prior to sailing 

19 minutes ago, Mad4WDW said:

The easiest way I found to cancel prepaid reservations once onboard was to just go straight to the podium of the restaurant and speak to the manager. We’re onboard Arvia now and I did this a few days ago with a beach house reservation which is already paid back onto my card.

Be aware that if you plan on booking something else instead you’re better off transferring the booking as you get 20% discount when booked prior to sailing 

Ah yes, you've just reminded me about the transfer of dizzy. We did just that, changed an Epicurean booking to another date by attending the restaurant; we didn't pay any more than the already paid discounted rate.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Selbourne said:

There is a time limit on automatic refunds for cancelled tours or restaurants. I think it’s three days before the event. It may be that an exception is made for special events causing a clash, hence the manual process so that you don’t lose out?

Cancelled tours is 48 hrs beforehand, and then with a cancellation ‘penalty’ of 10%.  I know because we cancelled a tour last month. 

• Thanks 1