LIVE Celebrity Millennium LA to Vancouver, May 6-12, 2023

Betsynh

On 5/12/2023 at 11:59 PM, Betsynh said:

Also strange… we had our bags scanned at the ticket counter and wheeled them down a long hallway and dropped them ourselves… then went through the X-ray area and then Customs. Now that we’re in the terminal, arrived at our gate to find that it’s walled off with a notice it won’t open until 30 minutes before boarding. This is a flight to JFK and there are only about 50 seats lined up outside the gate. I’ve never seen anything like this! 

Can anyone explain this to me?

My only thought is that outside that gated area you do not have to be cleared by US Customs and Immigration.  Once you go through that gate to board a US bound flight you will have cleared customs and immigration.  It has been years since we flew out of Vancouver but that is what the issue was when we were there the last time.  We cleared US Customs in Canada so did not have to repeat the process when we landed in the US. 

40 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

My only thought is that outside that gated area you do not have to be cleared by US Customs and Immigration.  Once you go through that gate to board a US bound flight you will have cleared customs and immigration.  It has been years since we flew out of Vancouver but that is what the issue was when we were there the last time.  We cleared US Customs in Canada so did not have to repeat the process when we landed in the US. 

They wound up opening it at 9:30pm for 11:29 departure. Wondering if it was just staffing… long night but all went smoothly!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, JAYHAWKCRUISER said:

Our ship is only in port in evening hours and tours won't get us to Butchart until 8 pm.  Have you visited at night?  If so, is it still worth it?   I visited decades ago during the day and it was amazing.  Thank you for any advice...

People said it was gorgeous at night with everything lit up. If they’re offering an excursion it’s probably worth it. I’d also check sunset time that day. How late are they open or do they stay late for ship passengers? I think it sounds cool.