Live- Radiance 4 night Catalina & Ensenada

notscb

On 5/9/2023 at 10:55 PM, notscb said:

Lastly, we all got very interesting notices to our cabins not to pet the tiger cubs in Ensenada tomorrow. I'll attach the letter below, but now I'm wondering if I should try to find some just to figure out if this is legit.

I've been on the same itinerary on Inspiration (R.I.P.), and visited the same ports.  I had a blast.

As for petting the tiger cubs, it's "legit", meaning it does exist, but it's questionable morally and environmentally.  I saw a storefront in Ensenada advertising this; it also advertised bear cubs to pet.  A worker tried to invite me in with a sales pitch.  I told him, "gracias, pero no" (that's "no, thanks", or "thanks, but no" if translated literally), and walked away. 

My logic was that tigers are wild animals.  They're not evolved to be around humans, like dogs and cats, nor are they naturally friendly to humans, like dolphins.  In order for them to be safe to pet, they're probably drugged up beyond safe levels.  I'll make do with petting a domestic cat; they're close enough.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So glad you did this review since I just booked for February 2024 and was hoping there was current review.

Quick question, I did not see what internet package you bought and was wondering if you could tell me since the last time I was on the Imagination and even with the premium it was absolute crap. It didn't seem you had any issues though so hopefully this ship has a better set up.

8 hours ago, CoffeeGoddess said:

internet package

I bought the premium plan, but Mexico also comes with my Verizon plan so I had really decent internet and data connection throughout the trip. Zero issues with the onboard wifi throughout, although switching devices didn't work as well as it did when I was on the Dream last December.

Enjoy your trip!

Edited by notscb
  • Like 1